Windows 10: Not able to sign in to Microsoft account

Discus and support Not able to sign in to Microsoft account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had a new hard drive on my laptop installed. For some reason, I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on the laptop. It asks for name and password.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KathyJB316, May 22, 2020.

1. Not able to sign in to Microsoft account

I had a new hard drive on my laptop installed. For some reason, I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on the laptop. It

asks for name and password. It asks for Password again so I can sign in each time to use my laptop. Right now, anyone

can access my laptop because the sign in isn't working.

What do I need to do to make sign in work on my laptop?

Thank you

Kathy

:)

KathyJB316, May 22, 2020
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Not able to sign in to Microsoft account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 22, 2020
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 22, 2020
  4. Not able to sign in to Microsoft account

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Not able to sign in to Microsoft account

1. Not able to sign in to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - able sign Microsoft

2. Not able to sign in my Microsoft account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to sign in my Microsoft account Windows 11: All the Microsoft apps are not opening for me on my laptop and when I did troubleshooting it said I haven't signed in using my Microsoft account. But when I try to log in through Settings the login dialogue box doesn't appear. Can anyone help me here?...
  3. Not able to sign in my Microsoft account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to sign in my Microsoft account Windows 11: All the Microsoft apps are not opening for me on my laptop and when I did troubleshooting it said I haven't signed in using my Microsoft account. But when I try to log in through Settings the login dialogue box doesn't appear. Can anyone help me here?...
  4. Not able to "Sign in with local account instead"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to "Sign in with local account instead": Alright, so my Microsoft account recently got hacked and the hacked microsoft account is currently signed in as my Info and has the Administrator. Since I'm not login to that account, I'm not able to delete some files on my desktop. Anyone know how to resolve this issue? Pin...
  5. Not being able to sign into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not being able to sign into Microsoft account: When I tried to rest my computer account to start fresh again, it worked fine for a while until when I tried signing in to my Microsoft account but it didn't allow me to I went to go check what was wrong I installed the "PC Help Check" I clicked on sign in and popped up with...
  6. Not being able to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to sign into Microsoft account: When I tried to rest my computer account to start fresh again, it worked fine for a while until when I tried signing in to my Microsoft account but it didn't allow me to I went to go check what was wrong I installed the "PC Help Check" I clicked on sign in and popped up with...
  7. Not being able to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not able to sign in child account to new desktop using microsoft account

Not able to sign in child account to new desktop using microsoft account: After enable "Allow Sign in" for child in "Family & Other users", child's email appear in the sign in screen.However, after clicking on the "sign in" using child's email, it redirected back to the sign in screen again.Unable to create the child profile in the new desktop.I am...
  9. Not able to sign in to my microsoft account

Not able to sign in to my microsoft account: So this problem has been happening since somewhere in the beginning of January when microsoft locked my old account. I had to remove my account of the computer and make a new one, this account is that said new one. After I did it I made a local account and I tried to add my...
  10. No Internet, secured wrong indicator, not able to sign in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet, secured wrong indicator, not able to sign in Microsoft Account: Problem: The WIFI connection icon shows the Globe icon with message saying "No internet, secured". I am actually able to connect to the internet, for examples browse the web, online skype... The wrong indicator leads to many problem regarding Microsoft Apps: Windows Store,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it best to signimn new laptop with microsoft account ?