Windows 10: Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows

Discus and support Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey All, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I am facing the following issue in Windows only. I am currently trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeetthakkar, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows

Hey All,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I am facing the following issue in Windows only.

I am currently trying to spawn an independent process from within the Splunk's python. The process is a wsgi server that can run my scripts for me as a part of the app.

Now the process spawns correctly as a Detached process in Linux using the Python's subprocess module, but it fails in Windows (For obvious reasons). As an alternative to this, the obvious option was to create a service from within the Splunk's python in Windows and start it.

For some reasons, Splunk's python installs the service correctly but fails to start it giving following error:

Error starting service: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I observed that if I install the service using systems python and then start it using Splunk's python - it works fine. This pointed to me think that the service was not able to find the dlls. I have checked that the dlls are in the path and still it doesn't seems to include them.

Has anyone faced the issue? I am all ears for any other suggestions you might have to achieve this.

Regards,
    Jeet

:)

jeetthakkar, Dec 6, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 6, 2018
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows

1. Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows - Similar Threads - able spawn independent

2. sppredist.msi spawning startcubeatinstall.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sppredist.msi spawning startcubeatinstall.exe: Hi, I came across an alert in our EDR tool and looking into it gave me some information on what happened. I can see that sppredist.msi was triggered which spawned msiexec.exe and then msiexec tried to install startcubeatinstall.exe.Sppredist.msi - "The file "sppredist.msi"...
  3. Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently: I have 2 ssd’s that I would like to install windows 10 pro on and boot independently, same computer, with only one ssd plugged in at a time. I successfully installed windows 10 pro on the first ssd and it works great .After, I unplugged the first ssd and plugged in the second...
  4. Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently: I have 2 ssd’s that I would like to install windows 10 pro on and boot independently, same computer, with only one ssd plugged in at a time. I successfully installed windows 10 pro on the first ssd and it works great .After, I unplugged the first ssd and plugged in the second...
  5. Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Independent advisories

Independent advisories: This is to Advisories of Microsoft team or whatever yall are. I hope you all are not getting paid. Yall knowledge of microsoft windows is like mines. Microsoft needs to get rid of yall cause yall suck. I think yall do the same thing as us go look on youtube or the web to see...
  7. Independent Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Independent Monitors: I have two monitors set up and working. My issue is that the monitors show the same desktop, albeit spread across both screens. My objective is to have a separate desktop on each monitor that work independently of each other. How do I achieve this in Windows 10?...
  8. Independent Monitors

Independent Monitors: I have two monitors set up and working. My issue is that the monitors show the same desktop, albeit spread across both screens. My objective is to have a separate desktop on each monitor that work independently of each other. How do I achieve this in Windows 10?...
  9. Kaspersky not able to process files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kaspersky not able to process files: Hi, so I did a full scan with kaspersky total security and it showed 2 critical warnings. This was because it had a error processing these files. The files were C:\Program Files...
  10. edge browser high memory usage and spawning multiple processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    edge browser high memory usage and spawning multiple processes: after recent updates I'm having to consider using a different browser because despite not havig any extensions installed its using a lot of memory and spawning multiple threads. I currently have only 3 tabs open and its spawned 12 processes and is using 1.2 GB of memory....