Windows 10: Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows

Discus and support Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey All, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I am facing the following issue in Windows only. I am currently trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeetthakkar, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows

Hey All,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I am facing the following issue in Windows only.

I am currently trying to spawn an independent process from within the Splunk's python. The process is a wsgi server that can run my scripts for me as a part of the app.

Now the process spawns correctly as a Detached process in Linux using the Python's subprocess module, but it fails in Windows (For obvious reasons). As an alternative to this, the obvious option was to create a service from within the Splunk's python in Windows and start it.

For some reasons, Splunk's python installs the service correctly but fails to start it giving following error:

Error starting service: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I observed that if I install the service using systems python and then start it using Splunk's python - it works fine. This pointed to me think that the service was not able to find the dlls. I have checked that the dlls are in the path and still it doesn't seems to include them.

Has anyone faced the issue? I am all ears for any other suggestions you might have to achieve this.

Regards,
    Jeet

:)

jeetthakkar, Dec 6, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 6, 2018
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows

1. Not able to spawn an independent process in Windows - Similar Threads - able spawn independent

2. Advice on building a user-independant HTPC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advice on building a user-independant HTPC?: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, so mods feel free to move. I'm planning to build a cheap HTPC with the sole purpose of acting as a universal movie and game playback streaming device. I will want it to play DVDs and bluray disks locally along with visitor's...
  3. Independent taskbar and window border colours?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Independent taskbar and window border colours?: One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no...
  4. Volume Mixer Issues with Independent Program Volumes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer Issues with Independent Program Volumes: I'm trying to understand why when I open the volume mixer and raise the "Device" volume all the other independent volumes for the other programs raise to at 50% of the Device's volume. How do I keep them all equal? I'd rather not have to raise each and every one separately....
  5. Synology 416j with independant disks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synology 416j with independant disks: I want to use some spare HDD as a networked backup. I alread have a NAS in a raid but want this new one to just have independent disks in it. ie windows file explorer will show disk L, M, N, O for example, no RAID and not JBOD. I have tried a cheaper Startech 2 disk unit...
  6. Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors: Does anyone know if you can have 2 monitors both displaying independent virtual desktops. Example monitor 1 displaying virtual desktop 1 and then monitor 2 displaying virtual desktop 2. Thank you 11476
  7. Dual monitor - Create independent screens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitor - Create independent screens.: [Monitor 1] [Monitor 2] {Taskbar 1} {Taskbar 2} I want to have it so if I open Chrome is Taskbar 1, it'll open on Monitor 1... and same with Taskbar 2 on Monitor 2. Right now, they all open on Monitor 2 (primary). Any ideas how to make it if I click on an icon on T1...
  8. Independent Confusion

in Windows 10 Support
    Independent Confusion: The Independent ran a news item this morning on the pricing of W10. The following got my attention.... ..... .Normal Windows 7 and Windows 8 and 8.1 users will receive free upgrades to the new operating system. And all Enterprise users and business will have to pay for...
  9. Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts: Hi all Since I refreshed (factory restored) my win10 home laptop, it wants to creates admin accounts all by itself. This happens every 2 or 3 reboots, and the admin accounts appear at the logon screen. Before the refresh it booted to my log on. Now it boots to a list...
  10. wo independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    wo independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10?: Let me a question, please. Purpose: To have two independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10 Is it possible create a second desktop in “C:\Users\<username>\Desktop2” and link it solidly to the “Desktop 2” of TaskView? Alternatively, Is it possible to join my...