Windows 10: Not able to start Mobile Hostspot without active internet connection.

Discus and support Not able to start Mobile Hostspot without active internet connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The 'Mobile Hotspot' needs to have a compulsory active Internet connection. Even when the internet connection gets interrupted, the 'Mobile Hotspot'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Digvijay Gavas, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Not able to start Mobile Hostspot without active internet connection.

The 'Mobile Hotspot' needs to have a compulsory active Internet connection. Even when the internet connection gets interrupted, the 'Mobile Hotspot' get off.

Actually there are use-cases for me where I need just 'Mobile Hotspot' to get on. I want my Raspberry Pi Zero to connect to my windows 10 PC using 'Mobile Hotspot' and I cannot do it when I am out of internet connection.

I guess for the advance users there should be an option to start 'Mobile Hotspot' even when there is no active internet connection.

:)

Digvijay Gavas, Mar 17, 2020

2. HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

81a3255d-566c-4bba-9244-0173490ea2c5, Mar 17, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    internet connection problem- help

If the desktop downstairs is running XP Pro as well,I would check all the setting on it are the same as on yours.

Start in Network Connections and check everything step by step.

If you goto Start >> Run and type CMD

Then type- ping (your router ie:192.168.1.1)

are you able to ping your router?

oily_17, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Not able to start Mobile Hostspot without active internet connection.

Mobile hotspot cannot be activated because "No internet access"

Although I have internet connection, network status shows "no internet access".

That prevents using Mobile Hotspot to share the internet connection because it says "We can't set up mobile hotspot because your PC doesn't have an Ethernet, WiFi or mobile data connection".

I do remember that I could enable Mobile Hotspot even if network status was showing "no internet access".

Besides, maybe I don't want to share internet connection but I want to use remote desktop? Who cares! Even if there is no internet connection, Mobile Hotspot should be able to share the active ethernet connection, without checking if it has an internet connection or not.

Ramazan Polat, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Not able to start Mobile Hostspot without active internet connection.

1. Not able to start Mobile Hostspot without active internet connection. - Similar Threads - able start Mobile

2. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection: Hello,I would like to automate the process of activating windows without calling the center and without internet connection.So I can use a script to deploy all the devices that I have without doing this **** call.Thanks in advance,Arthur...
  3. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  4. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  5. Using mobile internet when the cable is connected without internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using mobile internet when the cable is connected without internet: Hi,In my work, I need to constantly connect to various devices PLCs with a network cable. But at the same time, I need internet via mobile connection.But Win 11 interrupt the mobile connection when I insert the cable. How can I turn it off?...
  6. Using mobile internet when the cable is connected without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using mobile internet when the cable is connected without internet: Hi,In my work, I need to constantly connect to various devices PLCs with a network cable. But at the same time, I need internet via mobile connection.But Win 11 interrupt the mobile connection when I insert the cable. How can I turn it off?...
  7. SysMain no activity without internet connection?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SysMain no activity without internet connection?: Hi I would like to start my question with first saying that my computer doesn't have any issues on my everyday usage. I just noticed that SysMain (previously known as SuperFetch) only starts doing it's task when my computer is connected to an in ternet connection (with or...
  8. Not able to login without internet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to login without internet: Hi All, i have bought a new laptop and it has windows 10.It is only for personal purpose. I am having few issues with Logon. 1.While logging it is asking Microsoft account and after giving that password it is asking for to Create Pin and later it says not able to create...
  9. Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection: Hello everyone, how i can use the function HOTSPOT on Windows 10 (1809), without internet? I wanna connect my smartphone to another use. It's possible? On windows 7, i can use this, simple, but in the windows 10 not work. - I tried use: v OK, But netsh wlan...
  10. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection: I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Many thanks! Noah...