Windows 10: Not able to start Windows Security

Discus and support Not able to start Windows Security in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When starting Windows security, the application just freezes in the loading screen and then crashes.I have tried multiple solutions i found on here,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chaoskiro, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Chaoskiro Win User

Not able to start Windows Security

When starting Windows security, the application just freezes in the loading screen and then crashes.I have tried multiple solutions i found on here, but they didnt work.****moved from german to english Community ****

:)

Chaoskiro, Apr 18, 2024

2. Windows 10 Security Center Service can't be started

I am also having a probem starting windows security center. When I did the following step: I found the following disabled:

Security center properties

Windows update properties

Security center WSCSV

Remote registry

net.tcp port sharing

internet connection sharing

COMODO LPS launcher

COMODO Internet security

Auto time zone update

Should these be enabled and if so how do I enable them?

I have no defense toward any threats at this time. Please help!!

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.
    • Locate for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Check whether the following services are Started and set to Automatic.

vickibaughman, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows Security Center can't be started on Windows 10

Hi Mayank,

In addition to Ramesh Srinivasan suggestions.

• Do you remember making any specific change in the PC prior to the issue?
    This could be due to its dependent service being turned off or any system file corruption. Let's try the following methods and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press
      Enter.
    • Locate for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and
      Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Check whether the following services are Started and set to
      Automatic.
    Method 2: If the issue persists,
    I suggest you to run a full scan of your computer using Microsoft Security Scanner.http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 3: Run System File Checker tool.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows key +
      X and click Command Prompt (Admin)

• Type the following command and press
      Enter

sfc /scannow

Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

Do let us know if you are able to use Windows Defender. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Not able to start Windows Security

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Not able to start Windows Security

1. Not able to start Windows Security - Similar Threads - able start Security

2. Windows 10 not able to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not able to start: Hello Im on Windows 10. All of a sudden my computer restarted and after a while got a message trying to fix errors automatically..after a while got a message not able to fix errors.Screen had fre options like reset, restart, trouble shooting Advanced ootions.I tried those...
  3. Windows 10 not able to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not able to start: Hello Im on Windows 10. All of a sudden my computer restarted and after a while got a message trying to fix errors automatically..after a while got a message not able to fix errors.Screen had fre options like reset, restart, trouble shooting Advanced ootions.I tried those...
  4. Windows 10 not able to start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not able to start Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to start Windows Security: When starting Windows security, the application just freezes in the loading screen and then crashes.I have tried multiple solutions i found on here, but they didnt work.****moved from german to english Community ****...
  6. windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.: please help me my Security & Maintenance could not start. It all started when i was downloading a pirate game but then i saw my security & maintenance could not open please help. I deleted the game. I tried opening "services.msc" but could not find "security Center"...
  7. Not able to open windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to open windows security: I am not able to open my windows security. Mine is windows 11. What to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-open-windows-security/59459ba1-2cb5-4220-9621-ccee264a872b
  8. Not able to open windows security

Not able to open windows security: I am not able to open my windows security. Mine is windows 11. What to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-open-windows-security/59459ba1-2cb5-4220-9621-ccee264a872b
  9. Not able to use windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to use windows security: When I try to run windows defender/security it says I need a new app, but when I go to the windows App Store it says it cannot find any results for windowsdefender. And when I search for windows security it comes up with no results. Then I go to windows website to download...
  10. Not able to use windows security

Not able to use windows security: When I try to run windows defender/security it says I need a new app, but when I go to the windows App Store it says it cannot find any results for windowsdefender. And when I search for windows security it comes up with no results. Then I go to windows website to download...