Windows 10: Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network

Discus and support Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to be able to transfer files using a shared folder that I connected with my phone. I have already set this up previously but I accidentally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coach coach, May 23, 2023.

1. Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network

I'm trying to be able to transfer files using a shared folder that I connected with my phone. I have already set this up previously but I accidentally signed into my shared profile instead of my regular profile and I think that's what messed it up. Now when I type ipconfig find "iPv4" in cmd prompt it comes up blank but when I type just ipconfig it gives me my iPv4 address then I try to connect to my phone and it doesn't work. Another thing im trying to do is use snapdrop to share files but that also doesn't work with my PC for some reason, I can share files between my phone and iPad but not

:)

coach coach, May 23, 2023

2. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, May 23, 2023
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, May 23, 2023
  4. Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network

Help Transfering files over network

I have 3 pc's I want to be able to transfer files to each other over my own network. Im not sure where to start. 2 of the pc's have windows 7 the other one is windows xp 32 pro. all on a WRT160N linksys router. Im looking for the easiest way drag and drop would be nice and easy or close to it. Im trying to transfer huge files than using a usb drive all the time.

amd64skater, May 23, 2023
Thema:

Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network

1. Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network - Similar Threads - able transfer receive

2. Not being able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network: I'm trying to be able to transfer files using a shared folder that I connected with my phone. I have already set this up previously but I accidentally signed into my shared profile instead of my regular profile and I think that's what messed it up. Now when I type ipconfig...
  3. Not being able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network: I'm trying to be able to transfer files using a shared folder that I connected with my phone. I have already set this up previously but I accidentally signed into my shared profile instead of my regular profile and I think that's what messed it up. Now when I type ipconfig...
  4. Not being able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mapping a network drive using a local network

Mapping a network drive using a local network: Hi. I would like to map my network drive to my desktop from my laptop. I am using a wireless extender how can I map my network drive using my local network?...
  6. User not able to upload files from local network

User not able to upload files from local network: I'm not sure how to categorize this problem, but I have a user who is unable to upload files to various programs and sites Slack, Wordpress, MailChimp, etc. unless they go through a VPN. They were able to make these uploads until last week, and now all upload they attempt...
  7. Fastest way to transfer files in local network (cabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fastest way to transfer files in local network (cabled): If I have two PC connected to the same router , what would be the fastest way to transfer files? SMB, FTP or should I simple use a cable to connect the two PC? submitted by /u/Skodd [link] [comments]...
  8. How to Send or Receive files using Bluetooth File Transfer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Send or Receive files using Bluetooth File Transfer in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 makes it easy to send or receive files using Bluetooth File Transfer, so, you can share a photo, video, or other files with […] This article How to Send or Receive files using Bluetooth File Transfer in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  9. windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809)

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809): Hi, I've been using this way for some time and most of the time it worked fine. lately when I'm trying to transfer files from one shared folder to another on my local network the files won't get transfered and it stucks on 0% forever. (maybe a recent update is the cause?...
  10. windows 10 transfer files over local network not working

windows 10 transfer files over local network not working: Hi, I've been using this for some time and most of the time it worked fine. lately when I'm trying to transfer files from one shared folder to another on my local network the files won't get transfered and it stucks on 0% forever. Any idea?...