Windows 10: not able to type in Cortana search bar

Discus and support not able to type in Cortana search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I am unable to enter any text into the Cortana Search bar. When I see if its having a problem in the task manager it's not even appearing which makes... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EricEnsey, Oct 1, 2019.

1. EricEnsey Win User

not able to type in Cortana search bar

I am unable to enter any text into the Cortana Search bar. When I see if its having a problem in the task manager it's not even appearing which makes me think its not loading on start. I am able to track down the windows search function and have tried to rest that but it is not fixing the problem, is there a way to reinstall Cortana or a way to reset it? it seemed to be working about a week prior but after an windows update it seemed like it stopped working.

-Thanks

:)

EricEnsey, Oct 1, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Hip3zioed Win User
    Cortana & Search bar not working

They stated their Cortana Search is not working, how are they supposed to be able to type anything? Even if the Cortana Search was working and you do type "settings" where does that take you? I never saw any Settings for Cortana and Search or are any, that
    I know of anyway. Windows 10 HELP is MS Community or the Internet, like trying to find help in a Needle-in-a-haystack.

Any real input (something to chew on_food for thought) would be helpful.

Hip3zioed, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

not able to type in Cortana search bar [​IMG]

Try0x101, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. not able to type in Cortana search bar - Similar Threads - able type Cortana

2. NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!

in Cortana
    NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!: I've been trying to fix this issue for quite some time now. I've tried a bajillion videos and even official solutions FROM the Microsoft Forums, but my search bar still won't take any inputs from my keyboard. If you're thinking, Yes, my keyboard works everywhere else, just...
  3. cortana and search bar

in Cortana
    cortana and search bar: why is my task bar like this . How can i combine cortana and search bar . Please tell me i am ready to change registory too.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search-bar/41bb3ef4-95f0-46e7-80b0-d84c18b0f469
  4. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...
  5. Windows Search bar and Cortana

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Cortana: I have somehow split my Cortana and Windows search into two different things. I think this was a side effect of disabling and re enabling cortana. Can someone please help me streamline both/get rid of Windows search...
  6. typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars

in Cortana
    typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars: why cant i type in the cortana search bar among others, im not aware of any changes i have made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-in-the-cortana-search-bar-among-other/201dc3c2-ebe4-4271-8e8e-ccfbb42ad194"
  7. Cortana Search bar glitch?

in Cortana
    Cortana Search bar glitch?: So I tried to fix the problem by restarting cortana- nothing. It happens everytime I try to look something on the search bar or use the home button. Its annoying and I really don't know what's happening or what to do.[ATTACH]...
  8. Cortana/Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana/Search Bar: I turned Off "Hey Cortana" in the Voice in Setting and it goes back to On all by itself. This intelligence is too "artificial. Let's get this fixed, As a Windows Insider I'm deeply disappointed Microsoft has not resolved this issue....
  9. "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana)

in Cortana
    "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana): OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then closes suddenly. I know it is Cortana because when I click the button start and write anything in the Search Bar it shows me...
  10. Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar: Hi there! I need help figuring out how to be able to use the type here to search section again on my task bar. Since last night I have not been able to. When I click on it to type, it goes straight to highlighting the mic picture in blue and is not allowing me to type at...