Windows 10: NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!

Discus and support NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR! in Cortana to solve the problem; I've been trying to fix this issue for quite some time now. I've tried a bajillion videos and even official solutions FROM the Microsoft Forums, but my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SakshamUCHIHA, Apr 4, 2021.

1. NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!

I've been trying to fix this issue for quite some time now. I've tried a bajillion videos and even official solutions FROM the Microsoft Forums, but my search bar still won't take any inputs from my keyboard. If you're thinking, Yes, my keyboard works everywhere else, just not there.

Kindly, help!

:)

SakshamUCHIHA, Apr 4, 2021
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Julie Ram Win User

NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!

can't type anthing in search bar

Hi,

Corrupted Windows components is one of the possible reasons why you were unable to type anything on your search bar. To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Were you able to type using other applications like Word, Notepad or Excel?

In the meantime, you may refer to the steps provided by Abdul_Malik posted on this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Julie Ram, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!

1. NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR! - Similar Threads - ABLE TYPE SEARCH

2. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...
  3. Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/finsterer1020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jihipv/cant_type_on_search_bartype_anything_in_windows/
  4. Can't type into search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type into search bar: Attempting to search and can't type into the search bar. Such as I hit the keys WIN +X and select search from the menu.. I attempt to type in my search criteria and the keyboard does not function. I tried to use the tablet mode keyboard and nothing happens... This is a...
  5. typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars

in Cortana
    typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars: why cant i type in the cortana search bar among others, im not aware of any changes i have made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-in-the-cortana-search-bar-among-other/201dc3c2-ebe4-4271-8e8e-ccfbb42ad194"
  6. Unable to type into Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to type into Search Bar: Is anybody else experiencing issues of not being able to type into search bar. I tried restarting search as well as resetting it. submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f26d6q/unable_to_type_into_search_bar/
  7. not able to type in Cortana search bar

in Cortana
    not able to type in Cortana search bar: I am unable to enter any text into the Cortana Search bar. When I see if its having a problem in the task manager it's not even appearing which makes me think its not loading on start. I am able to track down the windows search function and have tried to rest that but it is...
  8. Type here to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type here to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487
  9. Type hre to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type hre to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487
  10. Randomly unable to type in search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly unable to type in search bar: I have read many posts on how to fix this problem, but it always happens again. Why has MS not fixed this and is there any way to resolve this annoying problem? I use remote desktop often and it also affects being able to log in using RDP. Any help would be greatly...