Windows 10: Not able to uninstall old Microsoft Store games after installing windows on a new SSD

Discus and support Not able to uninstall old Microsoft Store games after installing windows on a new SSD in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I recently had to get a new SSD because my old one crashed. I was running Sea of thieves and Minecraft dungeons from my old Hard drive i had in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SHOCKZK, Jun 5, 2020.

1. SHOCKZK Win User

Not able to uninstall old Microsoft Store games after installing windows on a new SSD

Hello, I recently had to get a new SSD because my old one crashed. I was running Sea of thieves and Minecraft dungeons from my old Hard drive i had in still in my pc. When i got the new SSD and set it up none of the microsoft store games show up on the apps list and i've been looking on how to delete them to free up space because i can't run them. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

SHOCKZK, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 5, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Not able to uninstall old Microsoft Store games after installing windows on a new SSD

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Not able to uninstall old Microsoft Store games after installing windows on a new SSD

1. Not able to uninstall old Microsoft Store games after installing windows on a new SSD - Similar Threads - able uninstall old

2. New Windows 10 Installation on new SSD made old Windows 10 on Old SSD Unbootable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 10 Installation on new SSD made old Windows 10 on Old SSD Unbootable: I installed a new Windows 10 OS on a new SSD without any issues. After I finished checking the new Windows 10 installation I noticed that the boot screen now shows 2 Windows 10 to boot into. The one that goes to the new Windows 10 OS started with no problem, but the one that...
  3. New Windows 10 Installation on new SSD made old Windows 10 on Old SSD Unbootable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 10 Installation on new SSD made old Windows 10 on Old SSD Unbootable: I installed a new Windows 10 OS on a new SSD without any issues. After I finished checking the new Windows 10 installation I noticed that the boot screen now shows 2 Windows 10 to boot into. The one that goes to the new Windows 10 OS started with no problem, but the one that...
  4. New Windows 10 Installation on new SSD made old Windows 10 on Old SSD Unbootable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled: Hi all, So my partner and I just went to play Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition multiplayer, which we haven't done for about a month. My partner owns the game purchased previously, NOT on the Game Pass For PC on the hard drive on her laptop NOT external. Never had a...
  6. Old SSD Not Working After New Windows 10 Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old SSD Not Working After New Windows 10 Install: I installed Windows 10 (Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) to a brand new Samsung EVO 860 SSD and everything is working OK. But when I connect my old SSD (Samsung 850) that has Windows 7 on it, that drive is not recognized by the BIOS or in Windows. It will show up in Disk...
  7. Old SSD Not Working After New Windows 10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old SSD Not Working After New Windows 10 Install: I installed Windows 10 (Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) to a brand new Samsung EVO 860 SSD and everything is working OK. But when I connect my old SSD (Samsung 850) that has Windows 7 on it, that drive is not recognized by the BIOS or in Windows. It will show up in Disk...
  8. Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games: I got Xbox Game Pass the other day and played Forza just fine for a few hours while I had Sea of Thieves download. Yesterday I played Forza and didn't realize that the game that I had started downloading when I started playing, Outer Worlds, had failed to download until the...
  9. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD: Hi! Thanks for reading. When I install any Microsoft Store game on my SSD the games crash. I've tried Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4. Both go to a black screen and shut down. Other games (Origin, Steam, etc work all the time). Besides that, when i download them on...
  10. Not able to install new ISO on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to install new ISO on SSD: Basically, I got fed up with the daily problems from doing an "upgrade" from Win8.1 to Win10TP 32-bit and decided to install afresh from the latest ISO. Since I have a 64-bit processor and 8GB of memory (now) I thought I'd try the 64-bit version. Booted from the USB stick,...