Windows 10: Not able to update the window

Discus and support Not able to update the window in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During the window update, I am getting the error: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeelG21, Jan 10, 2021.

1. NeelG21 Win User

Not able to update the window

During the window update, I am getting the error:

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800f0904

Update: 2020-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4592438

I also ran resetting Windows Update services.

Ran both the DISM and SFC commands:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    &

sfc /scannow

Download the Windows Update Reset Tool and ran ResetWUEng file.

but still getting the same error.

:)

NeelG21, Jan 10, 2021

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Jan 10, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Not able to update the window :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 10, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Not able to update the window - Similar Threads - able update window

2. windows not able to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not able to update: so basically whenever i click restart windows to update, it begins updating going up to 7% then says restarting. after it restarts it then says could not install update, undoing changes. i ran trouble shooter for updates, restarted my pc, tried getting windows update again...
  3. windows not able to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows not able to update: so basically whenever i click restart windows to update, it begins updating going up to 7% then says restarting. after it restarts it then says could not install update, undoing changes. i ran trouble shooter for updates, restarted my pc, tried getting windows update again...
  4. windows not able to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not able to update Windows 10

Not able to update Windows 10: Since two months ago, I have not been able to update Windows 10. At the Windows Update page, the message displayed is always "You're not up to date. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." When I click "Check for updates", the usual checking for update...
  6. not able to update

not able to update: recently I have face an error 0x80070002 2020-12 cumulative update for windows 10 version 20H2 for x64-based systems KB4592438 can anyone help me fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-update/ae782292-0cc5-4807-9fdb-d92376f37140
  7. not able to update windows

not able to update windows: after downloading the update it was installing 100% then suddenly a error came [ATTACH] please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-update-windows/02a11f0a-77d3-47dd-99de-0a3a1235dd6f
  8. Not able to update Windows

Not able to update Windows: My Acer PC no hard drive has windows installed but it will not allow any updates - is there a solution? The issue is that because there is no hard drive, there is no ability for the update to occur. I have got a memory stick with 25 GB available but that it seems can't be...
  9. Not Able to Install Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Able to Install Windows Updates: Since end of October, I have not been able to install updates. I have experienced IE not opening. WIndows Store and other apps not opening have tried reset. Cant download Office 2019 wont finish gets to 56%.. THe biggest thing is it will not update with latest updates. I...
  10. not able to update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not able to update: when I tried to update it either cancels or says it can't update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/not-able-to-update/8f28925f-d4fc-441d-92aa-5be20bc95109