Windows 10: Not able to update Windows

Discus and support Not able to update Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Acer PC no hard drive has windows installed but it will not allow any updates - is there a solution? The issue is that because there is no hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by traveller9876, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Not able to update Windows

My Acer PC no hard drive has windows installed but it will not allow any updates - is there a solution? The issue is that because there is no hard drive, there is no ability for the update to occur. I have got a memory stick with 25 GB available but that it seems can't be used for updates.

:)

traveller9876, Apr 11, 2020

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Apr 11, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Not able to update Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 11, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Not able to update Windows

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Not able to update Windows

1. Not able to update Windows - Similar Threads - able update

2. i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store: i am not able to install the minecraft launcher and even not able to update any app it gives the error 0x800704C6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-install-or-update-any-app-using/da87c723-8b33-4849-80f1-be221e26ac02
  3. i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store: i am not able to install the minecraft launcher and even not able to update any app it gives the error 0x800704C6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-install-or-update-any-app-using/da87c723-8b33-4849-80f1-be221e26ac02
  4. i am not able to install or update any app using the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have an HP elite book 360 and and HP USBC dock. Since my windows update my laptop is able...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an HP elite book 360 and and HP USBC dock. Since my windows update my laptop is able...: I have an HP elite book 360 and a HP dock. I am receiving power from the dock but it does not detect any of the devices plugged into the dock. I have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. A poly headset and 2 monitors plugged into their display ports I have tried both USBC...
  6. I have an HP elite book 360 and and HP USBC dock. Since my windows update my laptop is able...

I have an HP elite book 360 and and HP USBC dock. Since my windows update my laptop is able...: I have an HP elite book 360 and a HP dock. I am receiving power from the dock but it does not detect any of the devices plugged into the dock. I have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. A poly headset and 2 monitors plugged into their display ports I have tried both USBC...
  7. I am not able to install updates and it says to search for this 0x80070643 See my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to install updates and it says to search for this 0x80070643 See my...: I am not able to install updates as of today. When I check for updates I get this error messageThere were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  8. I am not able to install updates and it says to search for this 0x80070643 See my...

I am not able to install updates and it says to search for this 0x80070643 See my...: I am not able to install updates as of today. When I check for updates I get this error messageThere were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  9. I am not able to install updates and it says to search for this 0x80070643 See my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. why is windows 11 not able to install updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is windows 11 not able to install updates?: Hi guys,So about a week and a half ago, I created a Windows 11 Windows To Go USB drive that allows me to run Windows entirely off of a USB flash drive. It was created just fine and I booted it on my Dell Inspiron 5567 to get it past the "Getting Ready" screen BTW that laptop...