Windows 10: Not able to upload file from device in windows 10

Discus and support Not able to upload file from device in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, I am not able to upload any thing on internet. When I am clicking on "Upload" button not getting any pop up. Please help me with solution.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Neha Chopra, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Not able to upload file from device in windows 10

Hi Team,

I am not able to upload any thing on internet. When I am clicking on "Upload" button not getting any pop up. Please help me with solution.

Regards,

Neha

* Moved from IE10/other

:)

Neha Chopra, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

Not able to upload file from device in windows 10

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Not able to upload file from device in windows 10

1. Not able to upload file from device in windows 10 - Similar Threads - able upload file

2. Uploading data from other device San disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading data from other device San disk: I have a windows computer and a canon camera. I used this device that inserted the camera card into it then plugged into my computer. It let me hit download but now none of my photos are in the camera download folder and the card says empty when I put it into my computer. Has...
  3. Windows 10 failed uploading from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 failed uploading from USB: Hi, I got the Windows 10 through my school. I downloaded it on a USB because I was waiting for a second hand PC. Now I got the second hand PC i tried to upload Windows 10 from the USB unto the computer but it fails at the end with the error code OOBEAADV10. I do have a key...
  4. not able attach file and upload in gmail,outlook in windows 10

not able attach file and upload in gmail,outlook in windows 10: I am not able to attach file and send in outlook, gmail or any other webmail. Sudeep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-attach-file-and-upload-in-gmailoutlook-in/567f14d7-fa39-4190-911c-b464833c1729
  5. User not able to upload files from local network

User not able to upload files from local network: I'm not sure how to categorize this problem, but I have a user who is unable to upload files to various programs and sites Slack, Wordpress, MailChimp, etc. unless they go through a VPN. They were able to make these uploads until last week, and now all upload they attempt...
  6. File upload

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File upload: I currently can't upload any files to any Drive, be it Google or Microsoft. It's not a browser issue as well. When i use Edge something popped up in Task Manager. "file picker ui host not responding" Appreciate any help...
  7. MS Teams - not able to upload files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Teams - not able to upload files: I've registered for a free MS Teams setup in the Netherlands for my small company. That all worked well, but when i start up MS Teams it seems I cannot upload any files, the options are simply not there in the taskbar. Do I need to do anything else or was the setup not 100%...
  8. uploading files

in Windows 10 Customization
    uploading files: When I upload a file, then try to open, it shows up like in a different style that I can not read. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-files/410671e1-cdf7-4148-bdf8-974b0c9de4ec
  9. Cannot upload files to the web from Windows 10 v1809 & 1903

Cannot upload files to the web from Windows 10 v1809 & 1903: Our business requires us to upload PDF files to vendors sites on a regular basis. Everything has worked fine with Windows 10 up through version 1803. Upon upgrading to version 1809 and now tested under version 1903 this process fails with out any error messaging. 1) This...
  10. No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices

No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices: Since the recent update I can no longer see folders/files on external drives from other devices on my homegroup. Specifically, I have two external drives containing movie/video files which I can no longer access. I can access files on my hard drive. Any suggestions?...