Windows 10: Not able to use Cortana.

Discus and support Not able to use Cortana. in Cortana to solve the problem; I am a Windows user from India. I am having a issue with Cortana. Whenever I open it to use, it use to say that the cortana is not available in English... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Mayank Paikara, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Not able to use Cortana.

I am a Windows user from India. I am having a issue with Cortana. Whenever I open it to use, it use to say that the cortana is not available in English [India]. This is annoying for me. Please anyone help me to get rid of this issue.

:)

Mayank Paikara, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Not able to use Cortana.

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Not able to use Cortana.

1. Not able to use Cortana. - Similar Threads - able Cortana

2. Cortana not able to open apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana not able to open apps: When I ask cortana to open some apps it says "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that.". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-able-to-open-apps/97752b74-d0df-483a-b594-6c69b399a563
  3. Cortana not able to open apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not able to open apps: When I ask cortana to open some apps it says "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that.". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-able-to-open-apps/97752b74-d0df-483a-b594-6c69b399a563
  4. Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...

in Cortana
    Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...: Damn. This is sloppy, MS. Brand new install of Windows 11. Thought I'd give Cortanaq another spin. Setup is fine: It can tell me the time, date and weather. Anything else I get a variation of "Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one."Seriously: "Cortana, set an alarm for...
  5. Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...: Damn. This is sloppy, MS. Brand new install of Windows 11. Thought I'd give Cortanaq another spin. Setup is fine: It can tell me the time, date and weather. Anything else I get a variation of "Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one."Seriously: "Cortana, set an alarm for...
  6. Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cortana isn't able to interact with any app on my pc

in Cortana
    Cortana isn't able to interact with any app on my pc: So when ask Cortana to open an app for me she just says "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that." and when ask her to do something inside the app like "Turn off all my alarms" or "Turn off my alarm for 12:00 am" she just searches how to do it on bing or...
  8. Cortana works but isn't able to search/find folders or open/launch documents.

in Cortana
    Cortana works but isn't able to search/find folders or open/launch documents.: Hi I'm a late-comer to using Cortana, which I've just set up on my old Surface Pro 3 laptop, running Windows 10, with MS 365 installed and everything working just fine. Cortana can hear, understand and respond to me, but it only seems able to search the web via Bing for...
  9. Actually i'm not able to use my Cortana voice assistant.....why so?

in Cortana
    Actually i'm not able to use my Cortana voice assistant.....why so?: Actually i'm not able to use my Cortana voice assistant.....why so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/actually-im-not-able-to-use-my-cortana-voice/79af5b87-aa24-4800-b442-eddcbe99ddc4
  10. Not Able to Add School or Work Email Account to Cortana Version: 2.2007.24732.0

in Cortana
    Not Able to Add School or Work Email Account to Cortana Version: 2.2007.24732.0: Hi Everyone, I've always loved Cortana, and I do like the new version in Windows Version 2004, but for some reason, I cannot add my school or work email. When I login, the Cortana app just tells me that I cannot use or log into work or school email and to use another email....