Windows 10: Not able to use Windows Hello, after installing Norton.

Discus and support Not able to use Windows Hello, after installing Norton. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I bought my Dell XPS Win 10, Windows asked me if I wanted fingerprint access. I said yes, scanned my finger and it worked fine, until I installed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rafael Bernal, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Not able to use Windows Hello, after installing Norton.

When I bought my Dell XPS Win 10, Windows asked me if I wanted fingerprint access. I said yes, scanned my finger and it worked fine, until I installed Norton, which I've had for years in 3 computers, and got rid of McAfee, with the help of a Norton guy in India, who took over my computer. When he finished, about one hour later, I had Norton working, but no fingerprint access. I tried Signin options, but now it says that Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown and that apparently my computer cannot have that option. Any ideas?

***Title modified from: Fingerprint access***

:)

Rafael Bernal, Jan 10, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Not able to use Windows Hello, after installing Norton.

Windows 10 and Norton

Hi Mike,

Sorry! The latest version of Norton Security 22.5.2 is compatible with Windows 10. I would suggest installing the latest version of Norton Security using the steps here:
    www.norton.com/install. Sorry, I am not sure of the best way to restore the OS to the previous version. You can try the steps mentioned here: How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018.

Thanks!

Dinesh

Norton Support

NortonSupport, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Not able to use Windows Hello, after installing Norton.

1. Not able to use Windows Hello, after installing Norton. - Similar Threads - able Hello installing

2. Windows Hello not working with Windows 11 / Norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello not working with Windows 11 / Norton: Since upgrading my Surface to Windows 11, my Windows Hello Facial recognition doesn't work. When running the Set Up, I can see the Camera is on but there is no "grid" to align my face with anymore. I have tried to do so with Norton Disabled as well. Anyone have any...
  3. Windows Hello not working with Windows 11 / Norton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello not working with Windows 11 / Norton: Since upgrading my Surface to Windows 11, my Windows Hello Facial recognition doesn't work. When running the Set Up, I can see the Camera is on but there is no "grid" to align my face with anymore. I have tried to do so with Norton Disabled as well. Anyone have any...
  4. not able to use hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to use hello face: anyone can tell what's the matter why is it showing not able to find the camera I have reinstall the hello face also but still it is showing not able to find it. plz anyone who knows this solution reply asap...
  5. not able to use hello face

not able to use hello face: anyone can tell what's the matter why is it showing not able to find the camera I have reinstall the hello face also but still it is showing not able to find it. plz anyone who knows this solution reply asap...
  6. Windows 10 Unbootable After Using Norton Utilities Defrag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Unbootable After Using Norton Utilities Defrag: Yet another victim of Norton Utilities Here! After running a defrag on my laptop using NU16 and then attempting to restart Win10, all I was getting was the splash screen w/spinning dots and my HDD light on steady. Somehow, the partition was corrupted after the defrag. I tried...
  7. Norton Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Norton Installation: I have bought a 2 year subscription of Norton Security. My Microsoft Surface Go does not allow it to be installed. How do I go about to install my Norton program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-installation/2ab8d5fb-50ce-4fee-8366-5741a72a925f
  8. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...
  9. Computer crashed after re-installing Norton

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashed after re-installing Norton: I had to re-install Norton and all of my other programs because I recently did a Clean Install. Below is the crash dump log. Attachment 103703 65384
  10. Norton nagging to install

Norton nagging to install: I am on Windows 10 and have been using Malwarebytes for a number years now. I recently updated Javascript or Java (a mistake, I know) and must have missed the button to not install Norton. I am now getting a popup where Norton keeps asking if I want to install. I click cancel...