Windows 10: Not accepting correct password

Discus and support Not accepting correct password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Vamsialla, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Vamsialla Win User

Not accepting correct password

For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows incorrect password. I changed the password three times the result is same.

Im stuck at this screen. See the attachmentNot accepting correct password [​IMG]

:)

Vamsialla, Nov 8, 2020

2. Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while login to the PC using your Microsoft account.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to sign with the correct login credential in Safe mode. Also check if you are connected the PC to the internet, preferably through Ethernet cable.

1. At the login screen click on the power symbol.
    2. Hold SHIFT key in the keyboard and click Restart.
    3. After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.
    4. Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot
      screen.
    5. Click on Startup Settings
    6. Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to Safe Mode
    7. Login with the correct password using the onscreen keyboard.

Please get back to us with the end result for further investigation.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 8, 2020
  3. larc919 Win User
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password

I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my Microsoft account). Any suggestions what I should try? I'm hesitant to run the cleanup file in full Windows since it's not recommended.

larc919, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Not accepting correct password

windows 10 not accepting admin password even when it is correct.

Original title: Is Microsoft even bothered about customer issues.

I have spend more than 4 hours today trying to find a solution regarding windows 10 not accepting admin password even when it is correct.

When entering correct password it give a error message as "THE PASSWORD IS INCORRECT. TRY AGAIN" it does not even give an option to change password or reset.

I have followed the below step provided by a support engineer from Microsoft but still no solution.

Windows 10 "password incorrect" error

Kindly have this issue fixed asap.

TenzingLama, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Not accepting correct password

1. Not accepting correct password - Similar Threads - accepting correct password

2. Windows won't accept correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows won't accept correct password: Hello,I'm trying to convert the system drive from MBR to GPT, whatever that means, so I can enable Secure boot, so I can install Windows 11. So I found this option called mbr2gpt for which I need to troubleshootrestart my PC, then select command prompt and then... Then I need...
  3. PC not Accepting correct password

PC not Accepting correct password: I have just bought a new pc, and it is telling me to sign in to my Microsoft account. i did enter all the details correctly, but its still showing an incorrect password. Please help...
  4. Laptop Login won't accept correct password

Laptop Login won't accept correct password: I'm currently logged in as a local user. When I try to switch my login to use my Microsoft Account it won't accept my password even though I am able to login into my Microsoft account with that password. I've tried changing password and restarting, still not working. Using...
  5. Windows mail won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail won't accept correct password: I use the Windows Mail app in Windows 10, for several email accounts: Gmail, Yahoo, and Mindspring. Earthlink, the provider of my mindspring.com email account, required that I change my password yesterday. I changed it with Earthlink webmail, as well as on my iPad, iPhone,...
  6. updated to 1903 and my correct password was not accepted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    updated to 1903 and my correct password was not accepted: I have a password manager which I checked (on my phone) also checked my password book. I had enetered the correct password! Had to go through an unbelieveable password reset and finally got it accepted. When the screen opened, my wallpaper was gone and most of my programs...
  7. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  8. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  9. Window 10 did not accept correct password

Window 10 did not accept correct password: I am entering correct password but window 10 says it an incorrect password that's why I can't enter into desktop. Password have not been changed since 9 months. The important things is that previous successful login said to scan all the drives for checking errors but no...
  10. UAC not accepting known correct password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC not accepting known correct password: Hello, We are a small cloud hosting provider with several separate Remote Desktop Services deployments under management. Recently, I have experienced odd UAC behavior. To put it simply, UAC is wrong. It will not accept a password that is without question correct, confirmed...