Windows 10: Not activating Cortana by not registering?

Discus and support Not activating Cortana by not registering? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Morning tsm. Wants to decativate Cortana because deleting is not recommended or almost impossible. When I open Cortana, it means that I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joelhzz, Jun 5, 2020.

1. joelhzz Win User

Not activating Cortana by not registering?

Morning tsm.

Wants to decativate Cortana because deleting is not recommended or almost impossible. When I open Cortana, it means that I have to register to start Cortana. Is it enough that I simply do not register so that Cortana is not used/activated?

Lg

:)

joelhzz, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Cortana

Thank you for your response. We'd like to ask if you were able to finished resetting the cache? If the issue still persists, we suggest re-registering Cortana components using Powershell. Follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type powershell and select Windows Powershell on the list.
    • Type the following command below: Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

After doing so, try using Cortana again and see if issue is resolved.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Cortana Duplicated Notifucations

We suggest that you rebuild Cortana via PowerShell to restore any missing components on it that may cause the issue. Try it first on your laptop and check if the issue will persist. If the issue with the notification is resolved, you can mirror the same
    steps on your Surface.

To rebuild Cortana, follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type PowerShell.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below to the PowerShell tool and press Enter:
      • Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
        "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }
    • Once done, restart your device to apply the changes.

Let us know if the steps provided above works for you.

Joan Pin, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Not activating Cortana by not registering? - Similar Threads - activating Cortana registering

2. How to active Cortana

in Cortana
    How to active Cortana: I dont know how to active cortana. I set region is United State and language is EnglishThis is screenshotThanks for help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-active-cortana/055bce8c-f546-4277-8032-c8b65bcd4e51
  3. Voice Activation in Cortana

in Cortana
    Voice Activation in Cortana: is voice activation in Cortana still un available. [Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-activation-in-cortana/2629accf-8014-4ed4-8543-ad46aa88dc27
  4. Cortana Voice Activation

in Cortana
    Cortana Voice Activation: My windows build is 19041.504 I just updated to windows 10 2004 and cortana voice activation is unavalabile, and it s says that it will be avalabile in the future updates. My language is on US and i saw on youtube that this problem was fixed in 19041.329 build, but for me...
  5. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana voice activation: Hi guys, I am trying to activate cortana by saying "cortana" is not working, mic is ok, permission is given, other than this cortana is fully functioning, but when i am saying "cortana" it did nothing. If someone knows about this problem please help. submitted by...
  6. Cortana Activation Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Activation Bug: About once a day, Cortana will activate on her own and pull up the full screen mode. This is getting obnoxious. My mic isn't even turned on when this happens, I wear headphones and there is absolutely no background noise. This needs to be fixed!...
  7. Can't activate Cortana

in Cortana
    Can't activate Cortana: I have a new PC: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.17134, build 17134 When I got it I disabled the locations & Permissions for several apps, including Cortana. I did go into Locations & Permissions and turn her back on. Rebooted, still no help. Now I can't seem to get her...
  8. Cortana (Microsoft Registered)

in Cortana
    Cortana (Microsoft Registered): The name of Cortana popped up on my Skype page, offering help withsuggestions of restaurants organising files and even chatting,but when I queried who it was the answer always comes back for me to release the privacy agreement, which I refused. It has ended up in my list of...
  9. Activating Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Cortana: Ok..I originally signed into Cortana with a gmail account (not microsoft account). I need to sign in with my outlook account however, now I cannot change the email account in Cortana. How can I change the email I use to sign into Cortana? I cannot find any options that allow...
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...