Windows 10: Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue

Discus and support Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It seems my only user on this PC isn't a administrator even though the role in Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts clearly says ; <Acount Name>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zzxxzzx, Oct 29, 2018.

1. zzxxzzx Win User

Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue

It seems my only user on this PC isn't a administrator even though the role in Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts clearly says ;
    <Acount Name>
    <Email>
    Administrator
    Password protected

When running gpedit.msc it says "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. and running lusrmgr.msc creatws an Error msg saying that "the snap-in has been restricted by policy. Contact your admin for details."

Running net user administrator /active:yes in command promtp as admin yeilds "The user could not be found. More help typing NET HELPMSG 2221."

Running net user in command promtp as admin shows my account;
    Administrator DefaultAccount <My Account Name>
    Guest WDAGUtilityAccount
    The command completed successfully.

Any help would be appreciated.

Info:
    System : 64-bit OS, x64-based processor.

PowerShell info;
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> wmic qfe list
    CSName Description HotFixID InstalledBy InstalledOn
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=4343669 <PC Name> Update KB4343669 NT instans\SYSTEM 7/11/2018
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=4456655 <PC Name> Update KB4456655 NT instans\SYSTEM 9/11/2018
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=4457146 <PC Name> Security Update KB4457146 NT instans\SYSTEM 9/11/2018
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=4462930 <PC Name> Update KB4462930 NT instans\SYSTEM 10/9/2018
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=4462919 <PC Name> Security Update KB4462919 NT instans\SYSTEM 10/11/2018

:)

zzxxzzx, Oct 29, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    No permission on Administrator user account

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create an Administrator account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue

How do i get my user account to administrator account

Hi,

To make the account an administrator account, we recommend the steps below:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Account, then click Family & other people (or
      Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise).
    • Then, select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator, then hit
      OK.
    Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

If the the issue still persists, we suggest to create a local user then do
    the steps above again.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue

1. Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue - Similar Threads - administrator anymore User

2. Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role: I have been invited to join a family Microsoft 365 subscription but the link won't work. I notice my role is administrator. How do I change this?...
  3. Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role: I have been invited to join a family Microsoft 365 subscription but the link won't work. I notice my role is administrator. How do I change this?...
  4. how do i change my role to a administrator as a user with no access windows11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my role to a administrator as a user with no access windows11?: I accidentally changed my role to a device owner and no i cant allow access to any apps i try to download and some i already have downloaded. I have looked at so many tutorials and they don't seem to work....
  5. Administrator Account Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Issue: I had a computer that I upgraded to Windows 10 and removed all but one user account. There is no guest account showing in my users, but I just discovered that all my administrative information is being stored as Guest. I can't figure out how to transfer that information to my...
  6. administrator account issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator account issues: Hello, so I cannot get anybody on the phone for the life of me and the virtual assistant is zero help EVER! Anyways, I have been having issues for quite some time and failed to get any help. I have triple checked to see if I'm correct and it says that I am the administrator...
  7. Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role

Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role: A week ago I had Administrator rights on this PC. For reasons unknown they have disappeared. I am no longer able to open downloaded apps. I have followed many fixes offered by Microsoft and others but in the end get to "Access Denied" or yet another request to log in to MS...
  8. Change Administrator role to Standard User role

Change Administrator role to Standard User role: I would like to change the original user that the computer was setup with from an administrator to a standard user. I have added another user that has administrator rights. Please advise how I can do this. Thank you in advance, Bob...
  9. Broken: Administrator role

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken: Administrator role: Hi all, Hoping I'm in the right place and that someone can help me. Disclosure: I'm not very fluent with computers, they weren't really part of my generation. So please if you reply... can I request the "For Dumbies" version :) That would be greatly appreciated!...
  10. User Account / Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NET HELPMSG 2221

2. ㅜㄷㅅ ㅗ디ㅔㅡㄶ 2221