Windows 10: not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator...

Discus and support not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ok the problem i have is that i am the only person only account only user file on my pc so no one else has an account connected to it no other user's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by R3D_D1RT, May 22, 2020.

1. R3D_D1RT Win User

not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator...

ok the problem i have is that i am the only person only account only user file on my pc so no one else has an account connected to it no other user's just my users is the only userif you haven't worked out by now that i am the only user only person that uses the pc you should go home

now that you know that i am the only person on the pc my question is how in the world do i not have administrator access on my own pc no one else can be administrator of it so please tell me how i am not administrator of my own pc and how i am able to give myself administrative access perminently

:)

R3D_D1RT, May 22, 2020
  2. Snake05 Win User

Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, May 22, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

4. not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator...

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, May 22, 2020
Thema:

not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator...

1. not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator... - Similar Threads - administrator own account

2. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  3. I have disabled my only administrator account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have disabled my only administrator account.: I just got out of my house, locked the door, and slid the key under the door. This basically the nutshell of the whole situation. If you had to know the reason, I was experimenting with the whole system administration thing. I have disabled the admin account by...
  4. I cannot sign into my only administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot sign into my only administrator account: I don't know if its an update or not but when I try to sign into my admin account it doesn't say "use pin" or "use password". it just says sign in. when i click sign in it tells me to sign into my Microsoft account. when I try to sign in it tells me to create a pin because i...
  5. administrator of my own pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator of my own pc windows 10: how do i become an administrator of my own pc windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-of-my-own-pc-windows-10/7bfebdb7-f76c-4e3f-bb6c-c0a640f0a195
  6. No administrator accounts on this PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No administrator accounts on this PC: Hello. I have a problem. I did PC recovery, restart is okay but I shut it down improperly. I encountered this problem after I turn the PC on. Automatic repair is not working. I couldn't access my computer except bios. I did not have windows 10 repair disk. Can someone help me...
  7. Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?: When I installed Windows 10, to the account step I used the Microsoft account. When the installation is successful, the Microsoft account becomes an administrator. so is it safe to use a Microsoft account as an administrator? Do I need to create another standard account?...
  8. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.: The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the security tab, the only permissions I have are: Read List Folder Contents Read and Execute Funny enough, these are...
  9. Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Should i enable the hidden administrator account?: Should i enable the hidden administrator account? Could someone clarify what the advantage is? 125074
  10. I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...: Is there anyway to reset the password without resetting my PC? If so I would be grateful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-only-use-other-accounts-not-the/e6c6fac4-d923-4d95-b11a-54babf53de50