Windows 10: Not all external drives have the BitLocker option available

Discus and support Not all external drives have the BitLocker option available in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'd like to enable BitLocker for some of my drives, but 2 of my external drives are not showing this as a option in the right-click context menu nor do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TF-Texan, Nov 15, 2020.

1. TF-Texan Win User

Not all external drives have the BitLocker option available

I'd like to enable BitLocker for some of my drives, but 2 of my external drives are not showing this as a option in the right-click context menu nor do they appear in the drives listed in the Control Panel BitLocker options. My internal drives and another external drive do show up. See screen shots below -- the drives in question are assigned to I: and J:.

I've searched and can't figure out why this is happening. Can you suggest what I can try to fix this? Thanks! Not all external drives have the BitLocker option available 1bec5272-9c74-4325-b79c-d2d29f7f078d?upload=true.jpg

Not all external drives have the BitLocker option available 1bad1313-b99d-41d6-a028-34c2effb4638?upload=true.jpg

:)

TF-Texan, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Not all external drives have the BitLocker option available

1. Not all external drives have the BitLocker option available - Similar Threads - external drives BitLocker

2. Bitlocker option not available for an internal 2TB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker option not available for an internal 2TB drive: This will basically be a continuance of the thread located here:Bitlocker option not available for an internal 2TB drive - Microsoft CommunityI still cannot understand why anyone would lock old topics which prevents a resolution among other things, dumbest idea ever but...
  3. Bitlocker option not available for an internal 2TB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker option not available for an internal 2TB drive: This will basically be a continuance of the thread located here:Bitlocker option not available for an internal 2TB drive - Microsoft CommunityI still cannot understand why anyone would lock old topics which prevents a resolution among other things, dumbest idea ever but...
  4. Bitlocker encryption on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption on external drive: Hello, I need support regarding Bitlocker. I have activated the Bitlocker encryption on my external drive and it stopped responding at 89%. The encryption process simply freezes and it freezes my whole laptop. All I can do is enforce restarting my laptop to be able to access...
  5. Bitlocker encryption on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encryption on external drive: Hello, I need support regarding Bitlocker. I have activated the Bitlocker encryption on my external drive and it stopped responding at 89%. The encryption process simply freezes and it freezes my whole laptop. All I can do is enforce restarting my laptop to be able to access...
  6. BitLocker not available on one specific external drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker not available on one specific external drive.: Hi all. I can't figure out why one of my external drives won't allow me to use BitLocker. It is not an option on this drive, but is fine for all other drives internal and external. The only difference in this drive is that it's older, but it's formatted the same as any...
  7. Bitlocker for External Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker for External Drive: Sorry I tried to search but couldn't find the answer. I have 4TB external hard disk (3TB Filled) and I am thinking of enabling bitlocker on it. Would it be possible to suspend the encryption process and disconnect the drive to continue on another day? Previously while...
  8. FONT...INSTALL TO ALL not available option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FONT...INSTALL TO ALL not available option: I am trying to install fonts. I need to INSTALL TO ALL for Inkscape. I can install with one-click but unable to right click to choose "install for all users" as all of the videos or tutorials suggest. I am about to lose my mind. My screen does not look like any of the...
  9. Remove BitLocker for external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove BitLocker for external drive: different os before current still shows bit-locker encryption on that drive and would like it to stop with the large box notification on my display. Went to control panel as shown by other of your agents and after a reboot, it will display again. Would like to know how to...
  10. BitLocker Key for External Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Key for External Drive: I just encrypted my external drive with BitLocker, and chose "Save to your cloud domain account" as one of my backups for my Recovery Key. When I log on to my MSFT account, I see the recovery key for my PC (uploaded about a year ago), but not for my external drive. Does it...