Windows 10: Not all folders changed language

Discus and support Not all folders changed language in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone.After changing language on my W11 machine from Italian to English I noticed that some hidden folders inside of my main user folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LucaDomeneghetti, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Not all folders changed language

Hello everyone.After changing language on my W11 machine from Italian to English I noticed that some hidden folders inside of my main user folder and also inside of Default weren't affected by such change. They kept their original translation. I am unsure on what their English correspondence is, and therefore I would like to have some assistance from someone whose machine was completely born in English. I tried to change everything that I could, I managed to get the startup screen and everything else in English, except these folders. I will attach a screenshot from PowerShell as to demonst

:)

LucaDomeneghetti, Jan 14, 2022
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Not all folders changed language

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-edition/930628cd-18a0-4a21-8270-284584397495

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Not all folders changed language

1. Not all folders changed language - Similar Threads - folders changed language

2. Changin language in W11 changes settings in all computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changin language in W11 changes settings in all computers: HiI have several computers and I login with my microsoft personal account.I have a w11 computer. I am logged with my MS personal account.When I go to i am translating, so sorry if not the exact wordingconfig >>> time and language >>> laguange an region >>> language to show in...
  3. Changin language in W11 changes settings in all computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changin language in W11 changes settings in all computers: HiI have several computers and I login with my microsoft personal account.I have a w11 computer. I am logged with my MS personal account.When I go to i am translating, so sorry if not the exact wordingconfig >>> time and language >>> laguange an region >>> language to show in...
  4. Not all folders changed language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all folders changed language: Hello everyone.After changing language on my W11 machine from Italian to English I noticed that some hidden folders inside of my main user folder and also inside of Default weren't affected by such change. They kept their original translation. I am unsure on what their...
  5. My language pack doesn't change all texts

in Windows 10 Customization
    My language pack doesn't change all texts: The language pack I'm trying to install is Icelandic. I can successfully change the language to Icelandic. However, not everything gets changed: the start menu and the "Settings" app are still in English. I have reformatted my computer and it is still like this....
  6. changing column settings for all folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing column settings for all folders: how can I set all of my file manager column settings to be the same? it is frustrating AF!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-column-settings-for-all-folders/fccf075e-ee58-4beb-8447-d0409010fe6e"
  7. Change language for all site

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change language for all site: Hello I live in Belgium and when you go on the Internet the sites are either in French or Dutch depending on the language of the PC or browser I guess. I would like to put Windows in English but when I do that, the websites I visit are in Dutch and I speak Frencch Is...
  8. changing language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing language: I bought a laptop from china and it has chinese windows 10 on it. The problem is I can't change its language to english cause of chinese windows 10. If I activate windows 10 pro OEM, could I change my laptop's language?...
  9. Language of folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Language of folders: Hi, I have got a new computer, installed Windows 10 in English. But some of my folders on This PC'' are in Dutch? (Desktop and Images). Where does this come from and how can I get rid of that? Language settings are in English, I have checked that. When I look at the...
  10. Language does not change in all texts

in Windows 10 Support
    Language does not change in all texts: [img] As you can see on screen, I changed language from German to Slovak ,but not all text have changed. How can I solve this? Thank you. 23047