Windows 10: Not all installed RAM being used by windows 10

Discus and support Not all installed RAM being used by windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have 16GB of ram installed in my system, and only 8GB are being used by windows. The rest are "Hardware Reserved"? This seems to be a very common... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zynthic, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Zynthic Win User

Not all installed RAM being used by windows 10

I have 16GB of ram installed in my system, and only 8GB are being used by windows. The rest are "Hardware Reserved"? This seems to be a very common problem, but I haven't found a solution that works yet.

Task Manager: Screenshot - d693e24eaa1ead0ad2337b74a4250b0d - Gyazo

Windows Version: 1903

:)

Zynthic, Feb 2, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Not all installed RAM being used by windows 10 - Similar Threads - installed RAM being

2. Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?: Hello, first of all, sorry for my english , not my first language.Second of all, i just upgraded my RAM from 16GB to 32GB. The problem is, that windows sees 32gb but uses only 16GB. The rest is "reserved for hardware", which is wierd, because to my knowledge, this is for...
  3. Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?: Hello, first of all, sorry for my english , not my first language.Second of all, i just upgraded my RAM from 16GB to 32GB. The problem is, that windows sees 32gb but uses only 16GB. The rest is "reserved for hardware", which is wierd, because to my knowledge, this is for...
  4. Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New installed ram is not being used by windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New installed ram is not being used by windows: i bought 8x2 16gb ram kit from crucial for my predator helios 500 laptop. here is the problem:after is installed both sticks, i boot up windows with only the original 16 gb rams .it seems windows sees that there is additional 16gb but it doesn't use them for some reasonand...
  6. Windows 10 not using all RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not using all RAM: [ATTACH]ok idk why this happened, theres 2 ram slot in my laptop, originally it was 4gb, and i add 2gb ddr3, and windows is not using all of it, its annoying, i hope its not my ram fault/hardware, cus i wont buy new ram again, i got scammed, 70$ for only 2gb...
  7. Windows 10 not using all ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not using all ram: So, I have 2x4gb of ram installed, but for some reason when I go into task manager it shows that it's using only 5.9GB/7.7GB of that ram. I am using the MSI B450 Pro-VDH, and I have installed BIOS to the latest version (7A38vM62(Beta version)). For some reason if I have the...
  8. Windows 10 Not Using All RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Not Using All RAM: My Windows Not Using All Of My RAM, I Have 6GB RAM But Windows Only Using 4GB Of RAM, Any Help?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-using-all-ram/b296a7c6-c3b0-4013-bd5b-35c0c19e8ab1
  9. Ram Not being used.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Not being used.: Hello i have a windows 10 desktop HP 110-014 Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Model #: H5P35AA Model Name: 110-014 HD Bus Type: Serial ATA-300 Standard Memory: 4096 MB Max Memory: 32768 MB Number of Sockets: 2 Memory Comments: PC3-12800 1066Mhz DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin I...
  10. Torrenting causing all RAM being used!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Torrenting causing all RAM being used!: Hello Everyone, I have Windows 10 Pro on my HP Notebook, usually it is a machine good enough for my day to day usage and hardly causes any trouble. Even though I love The Eater of RAM i.e. Google Chrome as my favorite web browser, I never have any performance issues. and...