Windows 10: Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10

Discus and support Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; basically only some files will show their previews and I've already tried resetting the thumbnail cache and checking if show thumbnails instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oORedriotOo, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10

basically only some files will show their previews and I've already tried resetting the thumbnail cache and checking if show thumbnails instead of icons was unchecked; which it wasn't. I've been having this issue for a while now and its been making it harder to find things as these files will not show up in preview; i have to actually open and go through them. help would be appreciated! thank you!!

:)

oORedriotOo, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Jan 10, 2019
  3. moonbugs Win User
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.

Hi there chaps.

I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10 [​IMG]

But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails.
    Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10 [​IMG]

I have tried to delete the thumbnail cache and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt.

moonbugs, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10

windows 10 photos app not showing thumbnail images

Hello,

I am having a problem where the photos on my system show up as icons instead of thumbnail previews like they used to in Windows 7. I am a help desk tech and I have checked all the folder settings within my system and I cannot get the photos to change from
    being generic icons and show up as photo thumbnail previews. Can you please shed some light on this problem? I have googled this problem and I can see I'm not the only person having this problem but the only suggestions are to make certain I have the settings
    correctly set which I do. Just to be clear this is not a problem I am having with anything to do with any app it is a system setting where I open the folder that contains my picture files and instead of seeing photo preview thumbnails I see generic looking
    icons. I am talking just viewing the files inside a normal Windows file explorer folder window view.

Thank you....

Wonder Woman

Princess Wonder Woman, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10

1. Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - photo thumbnail previews

2. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  3. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  4. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Not showing any previews/ thumbnails to my IPhone photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing any previews/ thumbnails to my IPhone photos.: I recently downloaded all my photos from ICloud to my PC. I've tried many ways to import my photos but this is the only successful way for me personally without downloading any third-party applications. I wish this problem can be resolved as i cannot view any of my photos in...
  6. Not showing any previews/ thumbnails to my IPhone photos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing any previews/ thumbnails to my IPhone photos.: I recently downloaded all my photos from ICloud to my PC. I've tried many ways to import my photos but this is the only successful way for me personally without downloading any third-party applications. I wish this problem can be resolved as i cannot view any of my photos in...
  7. Thumbnail previews is not showing on Windows 10

Thumbnail previews is not showing on Windows 10: I can't see any of image in windows 10 if I want to see image i have to open it or image thumbnail are missing it is frustrating for opening every image...
  8. I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10

I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10: I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10 . Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-preview-photo-thumbnails-in-windows-10/14729e21-240a-4c0d-ad1c-1088efae91fa"
  9. Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails.: I checked the Folder Options in Explorer and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option is not enabled. Next, I checked through the System Properties and made sure "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option is enabled. What doesn't make sense is when I open a...
  10. Not all photo thumbnails showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.: Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails. [img] I have tried to delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not all video thumbnails showing win 10

2. windows photo no png preview

3. Microsoft Windows Photo wont display video thumbnail

4. windows 10 not all thumbnails,
  5. onedrive photos showing as gray thumbnail,
  6. can see thumb nails but cant open pictures in w10,
  7. photos will not show thumbnails,
  8. photos shows icon instead of images,
  9. phone doesnt show photo previews,
  10. windows 10 not showing thumbnails SINCE LATEST UPDATE,
  11. windows update no thumbnail preview of cell pictures.,