Windows 10: Not all photo thumbnails showing.

Discus and support Not all photo thumbnails showing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moonbugs, Oct 30, 2016.

1. moonbugs Win User

Not all photo thumbnails showing.

Hi there chaps.

I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    Not all photo thumbnails showing. [​IMG]

But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails.
    Not all photo thumbnails showing. [​IMG]

I have tried to delete the thumbnail cache and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt.

:)

moonbugs, Oct 30, 2016

2. After Windows Update all Photos Icons Can Only be with Photo App Insignia

Uncheck "Always show Icons, never Thumbnails" You said " now all of my photos, in thumbnail form, show only the Microsoft Office Photo App insignia." But if you changed the Default to Windows Photo app, are you still seeing the "Office Photo App insignia?"

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 30, 2016
  3. .MP4 files lose their thumbnails in the Win 10 Photos app, when viewing in "Collection" mode.

First:

Win 10 Home.

Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.576).

Microsoft Photos 16.1118.10000.0.

All available update applied.

Everything, that I know of, works perfectly, except for the following very odd issue with the Photos app.

I power on my pc and then start the Photos app.

I choose the "Collection" option to view all of my files.

Some of my files are .jpg's and some are .mp4's.

Initially, the "Collection" view shows thumbnails for all of my files. Both the .jpg's and the .mp4's.

And this is great.

Most times, I can end the Photos app and restart it several times a day and everything looks good.

But occasionally, when I restart the Photos app, I see thumbnails for all of the .jpg files BUT, instead of having a unique thumbnail for each .mp4 file, I have instead, a grey box, with a round circle in the middle, for each .mp4 file.

I can double click on these boxes and the .mp4 files play just fine.

It's just that my thumbnails have been replaced with these grey boxes.

What always works (to return the .mp4 thumbnails), is to restart the pc.

When the photos app stops showing the thumbnails, if I navigate to the folder that holds the .mp4 files, they all show as little thumbnails in file manager. (As they should.)

It's just the Photos app no longer shows the thumbnails for the .mp4 files.

The thumbnails for the .jpg's do continue to appear in the Photos "Collection" view.

Anyone else have this very odd issue ?

Suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Ray in a snowy and cold Wisconsin Not all photo thumbnails showing. :)

JustRayInWisconsin, Oct 30, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Having always show Icons not Thumbnails is your problem. Default is that box is left unchecked.

bro67, Oct 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Not all photo thumbnails showing. - Similar Threads - photo thumbnails showing

2. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  3. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  4. Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up: Basically when it's a jpg file the thumbnails shows up but when it's a PNG or MP4 file or any type of different file the thumbnail doesn't show up anymore, I tried going into system and check the "show thumbnail not icon" I tried going into folder options and do the same...
  5. photo thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo thumbnails: since the update my photos was no longer the pictures thumbnails of it, is there any idea how to have it back from the previous settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-thumbnails/93baf5d3-968e-4c69-b063-8b4df14e1382
  6. File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails

File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails: Hello, I'm beyond frustrated. I'm trying to batch delete a bunch of photos at once but my file explorer is not showing the thumbnails so I am having to open each file to see what they are. This is way too time consuming. I've already done a search and followed some...
  7. photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive

photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive: photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive BUT the same photos on my windows 10 pc do have thumbnails in windows explorer (outside of the one drive folders). How do I get thumbnails back on onedrive ?...
  8. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors: They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-photo-library-not-showing-thumbnails-and/66b681d2-6d40-43c0-9312-1cad96f7e635"
  9. Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10

Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10: basically only some files will show their previews and I've already tried resetting the thumbnail cache and checking if show thumbnails instead of icons was unchecked; which it wasn't. I've been having this issue for a while now and its been making it harder to find things as...
  10. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...