Windows 10: Not all photos in chosen folder appear in my background slideshow

Discus and support Not all photos in chosen folder appear in my background slideshow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like to choose a pictures folder for my background slideshow, but not all the photos in my chosen folder appear on my desktop. then, I noticed that a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DottyR, Dec 13, 2019.

1. DottyR Win User

Not all photos in chosen folder appear in my background slideshow

I like to choose a pictures folder for my background slideshow, but not all the photos in my chosen folder appear on my desktop. then, I noticed that a picture that I have deleted from that folder, is still appearing on the desktop. Is there a limited number of photos allowed for the desktop background slideshow?

:)

DottyR, Dec 13, 2019

2. Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Desktop slideshow from multiple folders full of photos in the folder chosen

The slideshow for the desktop was working fine until the last update.... ugh. I hate when updates break things. Get your crap together!

So it used to work fine by selecting a folder for the slideshow... it would cycle through all of the photos in the folder AND all of the photos in folders IN THAT FOLDER.

Since the last update, I noticed my desktop was no longer changing. Looking into it, I see that it is only showing photos IN the folder and IGNORING all of the photos in folders IN THAT FOLDER.

That's stupid. Why did you change it? Personally, I like having my pictures organized into easy-to-find, sorted folders so I don't have one folder with over 10,000 images I have to sort through. I bet a lot of people use the pictures folder this way.

Why is it so hard to have it read all of the folders full of photos in the folder chosen for the desktop slideshow?

CristobalRey, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Not all photos in chosen folder appear in my background slideshow

Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Not all photos in chosen folder appear in my background slideshow

1. Not all photos in chosen folder appear in my background slideshow - Similar Threads - photos chosen folder

2. Slideshow background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow background: I tried to change my background to a slideshow and it won't work. It is a brand new laptop with windows 11. I went to settings, then personalisation then background and selected slide show and selected a folder from my photos. I filled out the settings play on battery saver...
  3. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  4. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  5. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    background slideshow: when I choose a fit in background for the slideshow some of the pictures are no so good in that fit but it is the best over all. how do I preview for background for clarity of image and such. i don't want and shouldn't have to wait the duration or "change picture every" of...
  6. Slideshow for background

Slideshow for background: I want to use a slideshow for the background. I have 2 monitors. I would like each monitor to use a different picture of the slideshow. With Pictures, I can do it, but with a slideshow, I can't. Can somebody help me out?...
  7. background slideshow

background slideshow: unable to get slideshow to change background picture in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-slideshow/3292776d-7a0d-4056-a3e8-f2a64e6f89db
  8. Windows 10 Background Slideshow Photos Zoomed

Windows 10 Background Slideshow Photos Zoomed: Can anyone tell me why some (but not all) of my Windows 10 Background slideshow photos are zoomed, and so show only part of the original image? Have found no way to correct this. Thanks if anyone can help....
  9. Windows 10 - Background Slideshow - Not showing sub-folder Photos

Windows 10 - Background Slideshow - Not showing sub-folder Photos: Most everyone who has photos organizes them in sub-folders under the "Pictures" folder. In Windows 7, you could set the Background Slideshow to the "Pictures" folder and it would randomly show photos from any/all sub-folders included under the "Pictures" folder. Now in...
  10. Background Slideshow

Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...