Windows 10: Not all photos showing from external drive in photos app win10

Discus and support Not all photos showing from external drive in photos app win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have all my photos on WD My cloud drive with all the files visible in windows explorer. When i link the photos app to the folder on the external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Doomsnite, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Doomsnite Win User

Not all photos showing from external drive in photos app win10

I have all my photos on WD My cloud drive with all the files visible in windows explorer. When i link the photos app to the folder on the external drive, many photos are not coming through.

I removed the link to the folder and linked again and same issie however different photos are now visible and invisible. Many of the photos are taken on an iphone with likely the Apple special file type but even some taken on iphone are shown. I have installed the codec from windows app store to allow the viewing of these apple files through explorer.

On another query someone mentioned a permissions issue but i cant check that as i have no security tab to change permissions and when i try to change that in the registry, i do not have the final explorer folder that the amendment can vbe found in.

Any help much appreciated!

:)

Doomsnite, Nov 5, 2018

2. Photos

Hi David,

You might need to change the settings of your Photos app. Kindly follow these steps to remove your external drive on the file sources of the
    Photos app:

• On the search box, type Photos.
    • Open the best match to open the Photos app.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Remove your external drive on the Sources.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer

Uploaded vacation photos from camera to external hard drive. Open Windows Explorer to cull the bad ones, extraneous/duplicates. Did that and when I opened up Photo App to view reduced picture set - they are all showing - even the deleted ones. When looking at the list in Explorer there are 17 pictures, the slideshow shows 25. All the deleted ones are still showing up.
    I created a new folder and moved only the 17 pictures to that folder and deleted the original one. Guess what? They still show up. Haunted by the bad photos which won't go away! Help - What am I doing wrong?

jsweeney1228, Nov 6, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Not all photos showing from external drive in photos app win10 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Not all photos showing from external drive in photos app win10 - Similar Threads - photos showing external

2. "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...: I have reported this through Feedback with screen shots and videos of the issue MULTIPLE times since the new Photos App was launched and have not had even an acknowledgement that there might be an issue.The new Photos app shows NO photographs at all when the photos library...
  3. "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...: I have reported this through Feedback with screen shots and videos of the issue MULTIPLE times since the new Photos App was launched and have not had even an acknowledgement that there might be an issue.The new Photos app shows NO photographs at all when the photos library...
  4. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  5. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  6. I can't view my photos from external drive with windows 10 photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't view my photos from external drive with windows 10 photos app.: I've been selected the folder on on my external drive in source setting but it doesn't show any of my photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-my-photos-from-external-drive-with/48551cf8-a896-460d-b3db-bb8368b04eec
  7. I can't view my photos from external drive with windows 10 photos app.

I can't view my photos from external drive with windows 10 photos app.: I've been selected the folder on on my external drive in source setting but it doesn't show any of my photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-my-photos-from-external-drive-with/48551cf8-a896-460d-b3db-bb8368b04eec
  8. Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Windows 11/10 offers a built-in photo viewer and editor called the Photos app. It’s a OneDrive integrated application that also includes editing, timeline, album creation, etc. If you cannot view your photos or are skeptical that the Photos app is not showing all...
  9. Photos app doesn't show album from one drive with "huge" amount of photos

Photos app doesn't show album from one drive with "huge" amount of photos: I have one album with more then 6000 photos / videos from one drive which doesn't appear in Photos app. Is there any limitation how many files you can have in album for photos app ?...
  10. photo to external disk drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo to external disk drive: how do I burn a disk for photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-to-external-disk-drive/267bef06-6e7d-4a48-a9a2-6ac0437608aa"