Windows 10: Not all RAM usable

Discus and support Not all RAM usable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 4GB RAM and only 3.25 is Usable, I tried doing the msconfig solution but it didn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AbdElWahabAhmed, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Not all RAM usable

I have 4GB RAM and only 3.25 is Usable, I tried doing the msconfig solution but it didn't work.

:)

AbdElWahabAhmed, Jun 10, 2021
  2. JOSEPENA1 Win User

usable RAM

I have 16GB RAM but it indicates only 1.98GB usable. How do I make all 16 usable?

JOSEPENA1, Jun 10, 2021
  3. kressnik Win User
    Usable RAM

The RAM is recognized. In BIOS it shows exact amount installed, Windows also shows exact amount installed but limits usable RAM.

kressnik, Jun 10, 2021
  4. RonFadoir Win User

Not all RAM usable

Usable RAM reported is much lower than available RAM

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. It recognizes my 8 GB of RAM but only shows 2.93 GB as usable. I went on line used the suggested msconfig to change the maximum memory in the advanced boot settings to 8192. it was set at 0. I also went into system
    settings and turned off the automatic page filing size under the virtual memory settings. I save the settings and rebooted my computer by the changes to the maximum memory size did not take and were set back to 0. I've tried this several times but still only
    get 2.93 GB of usable RAM of the 8 GB of available RAM reported. Any other suggestions on how to fix this issue would be appreciated

RonFadoir, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Not all RAM usable

1. Not all RAM usable - Similar Threads - RAM usable

2. Usable Ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Usable Ram: I have 4GB installed on my pc and it says 3.5GB usable only, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usable-ram/7ed6d799-244f-4e07-a295-e364185167d4
  3. Fix usable RAM

Fix usable RAM: So, I want to set RAM to maximum because my ram is not full 4 GB RAM but 3,48 RAM Usable, after I'm setting the RAM to maximum 4096 MB RAM but after I restart, I got an automatic update, which is annoying for me, I wait and the Computer to booting, after that I'm check in...
  4. 8GB RAM pc says only 7.65 GB usable.

8GB RAM pc says only 7.65 GB usable.: Hi, so recently I bought a HP laptop with 8 GB RAM. But in system information it says that only 7.65 GB RAM is usable. I dont know if its a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-ram-pc-says-only-765-gb-usable/0f4b5e0e-e83e-4db0-8628-2ac2d43bdaaa
  5. Ram 4.00 gb 1.48 usable

Ram 4.00 gb 1.48 usable: I have 2 ram of 2gb, both are working but when i insert them in laptop, laptop shows only 1.48 gb usable and 2.5 gb hardware reserved. If i insert only 1 ram no matter which one then it shows 1.48 gb usable so the problem is even if i add my another ram it simply goes to...
  6. Why do I have only 5.88gb memory usable even though I have an 8gb RAM card?

Why do I have only 5.88gb memory usable even though I have an 8gb RAM card?: I have an 8gb RAM in my laptop. However, it shows only 5.88gb as usable. I know some of the memory is reserved by the system, but even then shouldn't I atleast get around 7-7.5gb as useable. I am not able to play games which need 5-6 gb ram properly.My specs-CPU- AMD ryzen5...
  7. Increase usable ram

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase usable ram: i need help with increase the amount of usable ram. i tried to increase it before, but instead it decreased it. i used to have 3.87 usable out of 4 gb, but now i have only 1.87 usable out of 4 gb...
  8. I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop.

I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop.: I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop. I tried doing a BIOS update but it did not update, it said u need a G50-45 build to update. I did have it but my warranty had expired, maybe the reason. I want to know how I can make my laptop...
  9. Installed RAM: 32.0GB 15.9 usable cant fix

Installed RAM: 32.0GB 15.9 usable cant fix: I have tried every solution I can find and still cant get my computer to fix this problem. Msconfig max ram is unchecked. Bios is recognizing every stick of ram. computer can boot with each of 4x 8gb sticks individually and in each spot. Any ideas?AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core...
  10. Decrease in usable RAM? Is something causing this or is it a normal thing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Decrease in usable RAM? Is something causing this or is it a normal thing?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Uncatty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqjzvl/decrease_in_usable_ram_is_something_causing_this/