Windows 10: Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...

Discus and support Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Sorry for the large pictures, I can't shrink the them in this format. So I woke up this morning sleepily and fumbled with my keyboard as I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ellieechoes, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...

Sorry for the large pictures, I can't shrink the them in this format.

So I woke up this morning sleepily and fumbled with my keyboard as I tried to sign in with my finger print scanner. As I did that I was told that my organization is forcing me to change my password. I did it without thinking and that screwed my whole sign in options.

I went to settings to change my pin again and I was not allowed to edit any password settings.

Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin... cb0f32af-26e9-4668-8814-f389573000da?upload=true.jpg

So I decided to remove the pin password option and that caused an error to occur, but it was removed. I locked my computer to see if there was any issues with logging on and then I saw a new logon option There was a 4th option that looked like an Earth with a shield along with the pin, Microsoft password, and finger print option. This locked me out of my computer and not even my Microsoft password let me log on.

Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin... b9396d85-c866-4952-8bb1-a2005451b76a?upload=true.jpg

I recovered my account and was able to logon. I then signed into a local account hoping to fix the security options. When I logged back into my microsoft account I tired to edit the passwords again and it now won't even let me delete them.

Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin... d19dcf45-78a0-48e8-bf22-f5be0ad96e5c?upload=true.jpg Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin... e37428fa-8a31-401e-9815-403ad5c0187d?upload=true.jpg

:)

ellieechoes, Dec 11, 2019

2. Changing from password to pin

Hi Alison,

It's good to know that you want to use the PIN option to sign in to your computer. It's great as well that you've already set up a password, since setting up a password is one of the steps for you to be able to use the
    PIN option. Here's the steps on how to set up a PIN:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options, then click Add under the PIN option.
    • Follow the prompt until you finish the setup.

Once done, you may lock your screen and try your PIN in
    Sign-in options

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Cannot change my sign in password to pin

Hi, please help me.

I always signed in with a pin, but now I have to sign in with my password, and I cant change the sign in options to a pin. I have tried the steps you say, but with no success at all and Im now totally fed up with trying to change to pin. Please help

ReneeChandler, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Judesman Win User

Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...

Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

Hi Brink,

If I click on Add I am invited to verify account password (although I have a PIN). I enter PIN and then I have the option to create a PIN instead of a password (although I am not using a password). I originally signed up for a Microsoft Account but then changed to a Local Account so I didn't have to sign in with the MS password. Having set up a PIN for my Local Account, a few days later I changed the PIN (to make it easier for my family to remember). I have spoken to another Win 10 user and they have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my password" on their Local Account. Thanks for your help.

Judesman, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...

1. Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin... - Similar Threads - allowed change password

2. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  3. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  4. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  6. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  7. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  8. no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option": Everything is telling me to go to "sign-in options" to change my pin or delete my pin, but changing or deleting my pin is no longer listed as an option... on this weird "Windows Hello" pin, which is not an option either. [ATTACH]...
  9. Cannot change my sign in password to pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot change my sign in password to pin: Hi, please help me. I always signed in with a pin, but now I have to sign in with my password, and I cant change the sign in options to a pin. I have tried the steps you say, but with no success at all and Im now totally fed up with trying to change to pin. Please help...
  10. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...