Windows 10: Not allowed to Delete folders

Discus and support Not allowed to Delete folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since "Microsoft Solitaire collection" keeps crashing, I uninstalled it. (There are lot of the kind on-line). But then I wanted also to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

Not allowed to Delete folders

Hello,
    Since "Microsoft Solitaire collection" keeps crashing, I uninstalled it. (There are lot of the kind on-line).
    But then I wanted also to delete the respective folders from the system and was refused. How to delete them from the windows apps folder.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 14, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Not allowed to Delete folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Not allowed to Delete folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 14, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 14, 2019
  4. xazraelx Win User

Software to monitor a folder, backup, then delete?

Is there such a software that will allow the monitoring of a folder to not only backup, but also delete the data? For example, if I was to have a netbook, and it has the built-in card adapter for my camera, I can just copy all the files over to the netbook in a specific folder (ie, ::Temp Pictures), then the next time it connects to the internet/network it will search the folder for any new files, copy them over to my main PC, then delete the Temp Pictures data?

I've been looking into doing this, googling and whatnot, and it seems like there are a LOT of options for monitoring folders for updates, new data, copying, etc, but I haven't quite found one that allows you to delete after copying.

Thanks! *Smile Not allowed to Delete folders :)

xazraelx, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Not allowed to Delete folders - Similar Threads - allowed Delete folders

2. Not allowed access to some folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allowed access to some folders: Hello, I am the administrator for my network and have created most of the folders in my computers, today, I wanted to open a document folder and was told, I did "not have permission to access the folder". It is a Documents Folder that was evidently moved into the Windows...
  3. Not allowed access to some folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not allowed access to some folders: Hello, I am the administrator for my network and have created most of the folders in my computers, today, I wanted to open a document folder and was told, I did "not have permission to access the folder". It is a Documents Folder that was evidently moved into the Windows...
  4. Windows allowing to delete default folders Documents, Desktop and etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows allowing to delete default folders Documents, Desktop and etc: windows is not preventing the access to delete these default folders and if the downloads default folder gets deleted shown above , it could cause some serious problems and i won't be able to download any files, save documents and etchow do i change this so windows doesn't...
  5. Windows allowing to delete default folders Documents, Desktop and etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows allowing to delete default folders Documents, Desktop and etc: windows is not preventing the access to delete these default folders and if the downloads default folder gets deleted shown above , it could cause some serious problems and i won't be able to download any files, save documents and etchow do i change this so windows doesn't...
  6. Windows allowing to delete default folders Documents, Desktop and etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Trying to delete a folder, but it won't allow me.

Trying to delete a folder, but it won't allow me.: I'm trying to delete a folder , but it won't allow me, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-delete-a-folder-but-it-wont-allow-me/f4f1a830-6311-4ae3-99a1-34e027f77806
  8. Windows not allowing me to delete windows apps folder

Windows not allowing me to delete windows apps folder: I reformatted my sdd with windows on it recently, but when I did that, I forgot to remove over 100 GB of windows apps in my s drive. So, I try to get rid of the folder, and windows doesnt let me. So then I make myself the owner, and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know how...
  9. Allow readers access to folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Allow readers access to folder: I want to put files in a folder on my OneDrive and make the folder public Then I will put a link in a book I am about to publish I put a copy of the book on a thumb drive and had my wife try to open the folder; it asked her for credentials! Is there a way to do what I...
  10. Permissions Issue - Not allowed to delete folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions Issue - Not allowed to delete folder: Hi, I have a folder that I don't have permission to delete. I am using Windows 10. It seems to be owned by Laptop/path (the laptop's local account) [img] A while ago, Windows10 prompted me to change my username and sign in using a windows account....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to delete folders that the system does not allows to delete