Windows 10: Not allowed to download a game I already own?

Discus and support Not allowed to download a game I already own? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to download The Sims 4 onto my laptop. I bought it on my Xbox 1 on December 25th, 2018. However, it will not let me download it onto my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Slorpthepigjuice, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Not allowed to download a game I already own?

I am trying to download The Sims 4 onto my laptop. I bought it on my Xbox 1 on December 25th, 2018. However, it will not let me download it onto my computer even though every source I check says I have it downloaded. I've tried following a bunch of troubleshooting articles from Microsoft and have restarted my laptop many times. I've tried through the microsoft store, EA games, and the Xbox application for computers.

:)

Slorpthepigjuice, Aug 25, 2021

2. Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Aug 25, 2021
  3. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 25, 2021
  4. Not allowed to download a game I already own?

Where are my downloaded Games?

Hi Brandon,

Games downloaded from the Microsoft Store website or through the Windows Store app are added in the Xbox app's Game list. To access this, kindly perform the following steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games. Games you have on that device will appear there.

If you can't see the game, it may be because the game was not automatically added on your Game list. To add it, proceed with the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games.
    • Select Add a game from your PC.
    • You'll see a scrollable list of all Win32 games and programs that have
      Start
      menu shortcuts. From the list, find Solitaire HD and add it to your
      My games menu so you can quickly browse for and launch the game.
    • Once you've selected your choices, select Add selected games at the bottom of the pop-up window.

Don't forget to notify us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Not allowed to download a game I already own?

1. Not allowed to download a game I already own? - Similar Threads - allowed download game

2. WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO JUST EMAIL MYSELF A COPY OF A DOCUMENT I ALREADY OWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO JUST EMAIL MYSELF A COPY OF A DOCUMENT I ALREADY OWN: THIS MAKES A SIMPLE TASK SO MUCH MORE DIFFICULT AND I HAVE BECOME IRRATIONALLY ANGRY BECAUSE NOY I NEED TO GO THROUGH A STUPIDLY LONG PROCESS TO OPEN A CERTAIN PDF ON MY PHONE...
  3. it says i already own this app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    it says i already own this app: i was gonna download the xbox app on the microsoft store but it says i already own it when i go to click install it shows a circle with a red cross in it it does this for multible other games s well someone please help...
  4. Is there a way for me to gift a game I already own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way for me to gift a game I already own?: Hei, I kinda had a Minecraft Windows 10 version, and well I don't play on PC. And was wondering if there was a possibility that one could gift it away to friends whom plays on pc?...
  5. Already bought a game, but it now says that I don't own it now???

Already bought a game, but it now says that I don't own it now???: I was trying to download a game I already purchased from the Microsoft Store, but when I do, it says that I dont own the full game, only the trial. Why does it do this? -Alex...
  6. Bought a game I already own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a game I already own?: I bought a game on the pc Microsoft store, but when I looked in my games, it showed up twice, one saying 'modified minutes ago, and the other saying 'purchased minutes ago. the game is Minecraft starter collection, which contains the game and extras. Is this normal, or have I...
  7. Not being able to install a game i already own

Not being able to install a game i already own: So i own minecraft windows 10 on my Xbox and i have the same Microsoft account being used on my computer but when i go onto the Microsoft store on my computer it says i own Minecraft windows 10 but I can only install it onto other devices and not my computer and i don't even...
  8. Downloading a game on microsoft that i already have downloaded

Downloading a game on microsoft that i already have downloaded: I am currently trying to download ark on the Microsoft store to play with friends I have the game pass, but i already have ark downloaded through steam, is there any way for Microsoft to check for the steam files instead of re downloading ark again....
  9. i already own minecraft 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i already own minecraft 10: I own this game. I bought it on empiregaming. I redeemed the code and it says I own it on my mircrosoft account. I tried to go to the Minecraft game page to download the launcher.but when I go to the Minecraft game page there is only an option to buy the game pack and the...
  10. cant download games i own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download games i own: so i got a new laptop and i own state of decay 2 on the windows 10 store and i purchased it when it first came out or at least around that time, however its now been like a year and and i got a new laptop so i can play games on the go because i travel alot one of those games...