Windows 10: Not allowed to send email from my account?

Discus and support Not allowed to send email from my account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to send an email response back that is urgent and suddenly Live Mail which forced me to the Outlook website is telling me I'm not allowed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Atryeu, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Atryeu Win User

Not allowed to send email from my account?

I'm trying to send an email response back that is urgent and suddenly Live Mail which forced me to the Outlook website is telling me I'm not allowed to send an email from my own email address now. I have to verify it first. The site says I have to have a cell number entered and I get a code. I don't have cell service where I live, it's 11:30pm at night and it's 20 miles to cell service. How do I send my email and why do I have to verify like this? I NEVER had to do this before so why now? I've had this email account for years and never once had to do this trying to send email. I need to get this message out. How do I send an email from my account?

:)

Atryeu, Oct 29, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 29, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 29, 2020
  4. MT Alex Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! Not allowed to send email from my account? :eek:

MT Alex, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Not allowed to send email from my account? - Similar Threads - allowed send email

2. Account recovery email not sending.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account recovery email not sending.: Hello i asked for a account recovery but now its still has no email sent to this account*** Email address is removed for privacy *** My pc is blocked and i owned this account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** i submitted for account recovery yesterday since the...
  3. Account recovery email not sending.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account recovery email not sending.: Hello i asked for a account recovery but now its still has no email sent to this account*** Email address is removed for privacy *** My pc is blocked and i owned this account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** i submitted for account recovery yesterday since the...
  4. Account recovery email not sending.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Outlook/Hotmail account is no longer allowing me to send emails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Outlook/Hotmail account is no longer allowing me to send emails.: I had a university email linked to my Outlook account. My name was incorrect with the university, and I was told to delete this link to my account when a new email was given. I may have inadvertently deleted something else entirely because I am no longer able to send any...
  6. My Outlook account is not allowing me to send messages?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Outlook account is not allowing me to send messages?: My Outlook account is not allowing me to send messages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-account-is-not-allowing-me-to-send/59c196af-e643-449f-a305-1218f4194ef8
  7. sending scam emails from my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sending scam emails from my email address: my email address is sending out scam emails thousands of them ive recently updated my security information and cannot change my password until 23/5/20. I can see the emails in my sent folder, I have been in contact with outlook support and although they have checked my...
  8. Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account: Hi, I have two accounts on my windows 10 email app, my partner and myself. Both accounts are receiving emails. However when I am sending from my account and select new email, in the from box it states the correct email address i.e. my own but when transmitted it shows that...
  9. Emails not sending from Reckon Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails not sending from Reckon Accounts: Just changed internet providers, finally got all my emails working, hotmail & outlook, but when i try to send emails in my accounting program, it asks me to enter my email password as normal, but then won't send emails. Message is "the email service you selected cannot be...
  10. Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...: keep getting message that my sbcglobal settings are out of date. This is only happening on my PC with windows 10. My cell phone and Ipad work OK for this account. Also, will not accept my password or allow password change....