Windows 10: Not allowing password reuse is worthless, annoying, adds complexity

Discus and support Not allowing password reuse is worthless, annoying, adds complexity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please drop your rule which does not allow password reuse! Occasionally I need to access my msn email from another location but because you force me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RosanneF, Feb 26, 2019.

1. RosanneF Win User

Not allowing password reuse is worthless, annoying, adds complexity

Please drop your rule which does not allow password reuse! Occasionally I need to access my msn email from another location but because you force me to use ludicrous passwords, changing them constantly, it is unlikely that I know my pw and have to create a temp one to get into my account. When I return home, my desire is to reset it back to the strong pw I had before but I can't ? !! Now, I have to create yet another pw combination, change pw's everywhere, update my excel sheet, post my excel sheet to dropbox backup, and update all of the places my spouse/emergency contact has the pw recorded. I know you will tell me it is security, but we all know that passwords end up on the dark web from hackers anyway.

:)

RosanneF, Feb 26, 2019
  2. DanDC01 Win User

Cannot add user to Windows 10: Password complexity not working

Our Clerk unfortunately clicked and allowed her desktop to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro (64Bit). We cannot create another account no matter what. We use passwords that meet the complexity requirements (12 characters mostly lower case letters
    not containing the account name plus two symbols and two numbers) but even when we change the password policy using secpol.msc to allow the simplest possible passwords (see below), or use command lines with net user etc e ANY password we try, simple or complex,
    fails the complexity test and we cannot add any new users. Any suggestions?t use the account.

DanDC01, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Password Complexity

Just bought a WinPhone8 for a friend for xmas and noticed that WinPhone8 still doesn't support password complexity rules (only allows numbers instead of full alphanumeric). That means I cannot get the phone for myself (company policy requires complex passwords
    for any access).

Any timeline on a phone which can support corporate users? (and no, making corporate securities polices more lax just so I can have a new phone isn't an option).

ccarpediem, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Entegy Win User

Password Complexity

Windows Phone has supported complex passwords (and this includes alphanumeric) since 7.5, but the option only kicks in when a corporate Exchange account that requires complex passwords is added to the phone.

Entegy, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Not allowing password reuse is worthless, annoying, adds complexity - Similar Threads - allowing password reuse

2. This community is worthless.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This community is worthless.: I have tried to acquire solutions to problems I faced , face, and will face in the future and the one place I refuse to go to is this pathetic community. You M F are as useful as two tits on a hog. All you do is carry on about items that are not the basis for the topic....
  3. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  4. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  5. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...: Please Help!We have a problem in change the passwords of those users joined in Active Directory. I already disable the GP in my AD server and under the user's account. But the same issue, changing a password is requiring complexity under my domain. Please note. I have 2 AD...
  7. Microsoft Account Reuse Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Reuse Password: Hello, is there a way to reuse an old password on my Windows account? I've read years before, that there is no way of reusing an old password but to change 5 times. Are there any updates now?...
  8. Annoying passwords

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying passwords: I bought a used pc on eBay and tried to login to my Microsoft account. Apparently my password is wrong which I know it is not but I make a new one. After it accepts my new password it tells me to log into my windows account so I put in the exact same password i just made on...
  9. Disable the password complexity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the password complexity: How do i disable the password complexity when i login to my PC? I am able to create a one letter password previously which i find it convenient. I dont need a lengthy password. However, after a recent update i need to add complexity of my password. I tried to run...
  10. Password complexity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password complexity: Hi all it's now day 4 .searching for solution I don't want to install new windows *Smile my problem is windows not accept any password or remove password , always say's "not meet password complexity" ,although no password entered !!!! I changed and reset security...