Windows 10: Not apart of a family and yet it forces me to ask permission to use apps like chrome

Discus and support Not apart of a family and yet it forces me to ask permission to use apps like chrome in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently decided to make a move to chrome for a little while just after leaving my Microsoft family and now I cant use chrome, when ever I launch... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Alex#3236, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Alex#3236 Win User

Not apart of a family and yet it forces me to ask permission to use apps like chrome

I recently decided to make a move to chrome for a little while just after leaving my Microsoft family and now I cant use chrome, when ever I launch chrome, it alerts me with ask permission from an adult in your family, and then I press 'ask by email' and it comes up with. "something went wrong" and that's it.

thank you

:)

Alex#3236, Sep 5, 2019

2. Ask For Permission On Google Chrome???

Yesterday, I tried to start up google chrome when it gave me the message:

Ask for permission
    You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Google Chrome

So I checked my family settings and I'm an adult in the family. When I click 'ask by email' nothing shows up in my inbox, and II still can't use google chrome. Any suggestions?

Joe Goalby, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Not apart of a family and yet it forces me to ask permission to use apps like chrome

Chrome and Family Permission

I am getting this message everytime I try to open Chrome saying, "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome." So I just removed myself from the family yet I still get the error message. I uninstalled Chrome and I still get
    it. I don't understand why I need permission from my Family when I am currently not in one.

JacobMiranda, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Not apart of a family and yet it forces me to ask permission to use apps like chrome

1. Not apart of a family and yet it forces me to ask permission to use apps like chrome - Similar Threads - apart family yet

2. Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions: I was removed from the family and it says im the admin of my own, my birthday is set to be an adult and when i want to do something like play Halo on the Xbox app, it asks for a family member's consent. This is really annoying me and i have been having so many problems with...
  3. Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions: I was removed from the family and it says im the admin of my own, my birthday is set to be an adult and when i want to do something like play Halo on the Xbox app, it asks for a family member's consent. This is really annoying me and i have been having so many problems with...
  4. Family Safety constantly forces children to ask permission for apps that aren't blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety constantly forces children to ask permission for apps that aren't blocked: I have several children using microsoft accounts to log into their laptops; they're associated with my family. I do not have any app restrictions turned on at all, and almost every time they try to use certain apps, I am notified of a request to allow it.How can I put a stop...
  5. google chrome is asking for permission

google chrome is asking for permission: Hi, I am not able to open my google chrome browser it keeps asking for permission from adult, since I am the parent how should I unrestricted it. Thanks...
  6. Ask for Permission for Chrome to open

Ask for Permission for Chrome to open: Hi, I keep getting this Pop up...[ATTACH] I've only just started getting it and my Parents haven't set u a family.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permission-for-chrome-to-open/cb45a269-6dfc-48b2-9b14-7c5b2507a279
  7. Microsoft Family Features: asking for permission to use Firefox and Chrome.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Family Features: asking for permission to use Firefox and Chrome.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drearyplane8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4q42i/microsoft_family_features_asking_for_permission/
  8. Microsoft family features are asking permission to use Google Chrome and Windows settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family features are asking permission to use Google Chrome and Windows settings: I have read all the other forum posts about this error from 1-2 years ago and nothing has assisted me in being able to use my PC. It is now sitting unusable. Has this error been rectified by Microsoft. Or has anyone been able to fix this issue themselves and can share....
  9. Family features Ask for permission

Family features Ask for permission: I recently tried to use some apps (installed from microsoft store) on my windows 10 laptop but i get this annoying error message that says that i need toask permission from an adult to use the apps, even though i am an adultmyself. screenshots of the problem below....
  10. family features are asking permission to use Chrome

family features are asking permission to use Chrome: hi I recently bought a surface pro 6 i like it but crome is not working it gives this message that goes like this: You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: (Blank) Ask by Email so I click the ask by email to see what it does and I get Something...