Windows 10: Not ashamed to ask a silly question

Discus and support Not ashamed to ask a silly question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was doing a backup of my files - several of which were skipped. I would like ALL of my files, but then I was presented with a "notepad" enumerating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanGiudice, May 21, 2022.

1. Not ashamed to ask a silly question

I was doing a backup of my files - several of which were skipped. I would like ALL of my files, but then I was presented with a "notepad" enumerating omitted files- I confess that I have NO clue, never had a clue what this "NOTEPAD" is - what is its function and how is it supposed to help, i.e. in a situation where a backup is incomplete. We never learn unless we ask questions, no matter how dense - when I read MS explanations, I am lost. - so to anyone who can help, I'd be SOOOO very grateful.

:)

JonathanGiudice, May 21, 2022

2. Silly question

I am used to a MAC - so why when I want to start a new folder, does one pop up inside of the one I am already using? - it causes a lot of confusion and I have lost a few files already - I file photos on a monthly basis and things are in such disorder,
    it's not funny. I feel ashamed asking such a basic question, but if you don't ask...

Thanks to all.

JohnYODICE1, May 21, 2022
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Silly Question

Hi Sturner33333,

no such thing as a silly question, only silly answers.

click on the pen icon again to turn it off then you can drag the map.

please let me know if that is not what you were looking for.

Martmcd, May 21, 2022
  4. Huw27 Win User

Not ashamed to ask a silly question

Novice Asking Silly Question

Novice Asking Silly Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, At last i seem to have found a programme that can stop me banging my head against a brick wall i have been trying to fix my bios for the last couple of weeks (I had to pull the battery due to my son messing up) and no forum has been able to help.
    niether have they mentioned your programme. but before i start using it i have a couple of what may seem silly questions to yourself but i have never had to mess with the BIOS before.

1) when i press the write button dose that change it in the bios or do i have to do that manually.

2) if i have to change it manually how do people manage to print of the pages?

3) Are the first readings you get just normal rarther than clocking ones. i'm not to bothered about overclocking at the moment i just want the silly thing to work as well as it did when i brought it.

4) when i press the find the max cpu i get this "Run completed in 0.83 sec. Aborted." is this normal

Thanks for any help you can give.

BIOS Version pheonix- award 6.00pg
    - AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Claw Hammer (Socket 939) Dual DDR400 CPU
    - AMD Approved Cooler
    -DFI Lan Party nForce4 UT D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
    - Crucial 2GB (2x1GB) DDR BALLISTIX PC4000 CAS2.0 Dual Channel Kit
    - 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus10 16mb cache
    - nvidia 6800 ultra DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    - Pioneer DVR-109XLS 16 x 16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
    -Coolermaster Black WaveMaster Case
    -Enermax 600W ATX2.0 SLi Compliant Power Supply

Huw27, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Not ashamed to ask a silly question

1. Not ashamed to ask a silly question - Similar Threads - ashamed ask silly

2. silly question about windows memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    silly question about windows memory: The other day my computer told me I was low on memory. I checked C: drive and it was like 100MB free. I rebooted and there were 10GB free. Then I used Firefox for awhile and it was down to 100MB free. I'm not downloading anything. Why does the harddrive disk space get used up...
  3. Probably a silly question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Probably a silly question: So, I actually really like the landscape shots that are used for the login screen, and the bits of information like where the picture was taken. Is there any app, or way have the same thing show on my background after logging in? submitted by /u/KitKurogami93 [link]...
  4. DISM Question - Silly question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Question - Silly question: Hi Since I restored my notebook yesterday I decided to just run the sfc /scannow and the dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth sfc /scannow runs fine and as expected nothing wrong, when running "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth" it just shows the version...
  5. This may sound a silly question

in Windows 10 Support
    This may sound a silly question: Guys When watching interviewers on tv, even in a film, I see people just open their laptop on a train, a beach, in fact anywhere outside, and they connect to the internet, HOW ??? I know that they can connect using cafe wi-fi, and I believe, outside a house/building if...
  6. Silly question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly question: I am used to a MAC - so why when I want to start a new folder, does one pop up inside of the one I am already using? - it causes a lot of confusion and I have lost a few files already - I file photos on a monthly basis and things are in such disorder, it's not funny. I feel...
  7. Silly Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly Question: I do not see how after for example measure a distance, getting back to how you drag the map around on the screen \Thanks for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silly-question/762362be-9da6-4d1c-829c-9ebd51db9887
  8. Maybe a Silly Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Maybe a Silly Question: There is a scheduled Windows build upgrade to Windows 1803 available through Windows updates on May 8, 2018. Downloads are scheduled to be available sometime tomorrow form the Microsoft website: Download Windows 10 One option that you have is to perform a Windows 10...
  9. Silly question I know - but

in Windows 10 Support
    Silly question I know - but: Can anybody get Windows 10 Backup & Restore to work, I mean actually restore an image back to their HDD? 43526
  10. These could be a silly questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    These could be a silly questions: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a couple of spare drives already installed in my desktop. I have had a quick look for the answer to my questions. 1, What is the easiest way to install Windows 10, when it becomes available, onto a spare drive? 2, Is USB more favourable over...