Windows 10: Not asking for consent before restarting

Discus and support Not asking for consent before restarting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC restarted without warning while I was actively using it. It had given me a popup box letting me know an update was available. I told it to not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaleighTaylor, May 12, 2020.

1. Not asking for consent before restarting

My PC restarted without warning while I was actively using it. It had given me a popup box letting me know an update was available. I told it to not update right now, intending to restart my PC after I finished my work. Then my PC restarted, 5 minutes later, without warning or consent. This needs to be fixed. You can't go restarting people's PCs while they are working on something. This is just utterly idiotic.

:)

DaleighTaylor, May 12, 2020
  2. danjr99 Win User

Remove consent for a child account??

I have a similar issue. When I go to remove consent, 2 of my children are not even on the list to remove consent.

danjr99, May 12, 2020
  3. little cat, May 12, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Not asking for consent before restarting

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Not asking for consent before restarting :p

cadaveca, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Not asking for consent before restarting

1. Not asking for consent before restarting - Similar Threads - asking consent before

2. family consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family consent: i am no longer a family member at all and my age in my account is above 40. but still it asks me for a parent consent, in order to open chrome or open some file in my edge browser. i dont know even where this messege is sent to...
  3. family consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family consent: i am no longer a family member at all and my age in my account is above 40. but still it asks me for a parent consent, in order to open chrome or open some file in my edge browser. i dont know even where this messege is sent to...
  4. Windows RAM Before Restart and After Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RAM Before Restart and After Restart: Hello! I have a small problem with Windows 10. When i start my PC and log into my Profile and go to Task Manager, it says 12GB RAM. But, after i restart pc and do same thing, it says 20GB RAM. Why is that? If you know, please help me. It's annoying that i have to restart my...
  5. Windows RAM Before Restart and After Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RAM Before Restart and After Restart: Hello! I have a small problem with Windows 10. When i start my PC and log into my Profile and go to Task Manager, it says 12GB RAM. But, after i restart pc and do same thing, it says 20GB RAM. Why is that? If you know, please help me. It's annoying that i have to restart my...
  6. Windows RAM Before Restart and After Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. ask before opening a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ask before opening a drive: Set Windows 10 to ask before opening storage drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-before-opening-a-drive/765979ba-cde5-4435-88b5-8228a58cd5e7"
  8. Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family: I have someone on my family account that is an adult, when he tries and access certain items he gets notifications he cannot due to parental controls. I never see any emails saying he is asking or notifications, etc. But none the less he is an adult and can access any of...
  9. Will Update Ask for Confirm Before Restart?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will Update Ask for Confirm Before Restart?: I have Win 10 updates set to "Notify to Schedule Restart". Will it ask me to confirm before it restarts (since it seems to schedule them about 3:00 a.m. when I'm asleep). I'd rather my computer not reboot without my ok. Thanks. 17874
  10. Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file'

in Windows 10 Support
    Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file': How do I reenable back the 'Always ask before opening this file' security popup for a .js script file? It is normally executed by Microsoft Windows Based Script Host. While it is annoying for everytime I double-clicked it instead of right-clicking it to edit the code,...