Windows 10: Not be able to play games on my windows 10 laptop.

Discus and support Not be able to play games on my windows 10 laptop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello sir , I just recently switch windows 8.1 to windows 10 . Now I was not be able to play games on my laptop. Games is successfully installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by abhishekposhwal, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Not be able to play games on my windows 10 laptop.

Hello sir , I just recently switch windows 8.1 to windows 10 . Now I was not be able to play games on my laptop. Games is successfully installed on laptop but when i try to open it it does not open. I am faceing this issue on every games that i have. Kindly help me with this issue.

:)

abhishekposhwal, Jul 21, 2019

2. Will Windows 10 be able to play older games/programs?

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I know how this concerns you, let me help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Discussion created by Master Turkey
    on Windows 10 Games Compatibility List.

Windows 10 Games Compatibility List

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Not be able to play games on my windows 10 laptop.

Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Not be able to play games on my windows 10 laptop.

1. Not be able to play games on my windows 10 laptop. - Similar Threads - able play games

2. Not able to play online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to play online games: I purchased the xbox game pass today and downloaded it so i had to download the newest windows update. After i downloaded the update i cant play games online. i can use google like i am right now. i can watch youtube fine. I tried to play overwatch and minecraft but they just...
  3. no games in my laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    no games in my laptop: may u kindly furnish me on how to go about there are no free games in my laptop. even if I try to download them nothing is functioning. what do I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-games-in-my-laptop/3ff42f39-e75d-47b5-aa2d-dcfbbd106612"
  4. playing a DVD on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playing a DVD on my laptop: How do I get a DVD to play on my lap top? Do I need to download an app? Is all I need installed with Microsoft office software? Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-a-dvd-on-my-laptop/528d6ea6-d295-4656-8392-f04c53ee26f0
  5. Game sounds not playing through laptop speakers.

Game sounds not playing through laptop speakers.: I have recently develped an issue.I cannot play video game sounds through my laptop speaker.Other sounds such as music,movies and notifications work just fine.Its just the game sounds.So i assumed it was some kind of driver issue so i checked realtek and intel audio drivers...
  6. NEW LAPTOP GAMES NOT PLAYING .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW LAPTOP GAMES NOT PLAYING .: HI I just bought new laaptop HP and I installed two games and they are both not playing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-games-not-playing/31897292-1c05-4925-9487-014273a7434c
  7. My fps in games are very low if i play a game with the laptop unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fps in games are very low if i play a game with the laptop unplugged: When I play something , with the laptop unplugged , i have like 3-5 fps , and after i plug it , my fps are going up to 60-70 again. I want to mention that I already set the power plan to maximum performance , but the problem its not solved. Any solution to solve this ?...
  8. DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop: Hi Guys, a Few weeks back I was playing PUBG on my Windows 10 laptop. Suddenly a blue screen popped up with a sad face and some error text i.e. DPC _Watchdog_Violation error. If you regularly update your Windows 10 operating system than there is no chance you will get this...
  9. Will i be able to play GTA 5 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will i be able to play GTA 5 on my laptop: My laptop is a Dell Windows 10, Core I5, 7th gen. My pc has a total sotrage compacity of 916GB and so far have left 815GB. My processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70GHz My installed memory (RAM) 8.00GB (7.90 GB usable) System type: 64-bit...
  10. BSOD playing any game on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing any game on my laptop: hi, so randomly my computer has been crashing lately after playing any game, for no reason im not sure if something has moved on my computer so that it generates this problem im not a pro at guessing reasons but with this mini dump that im uploading i hope someone has the...