Windows 10: Not being able to boot into the bios

Discus and support Not being able to boot into the bios in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently setup a new pc and once it was up and running decided to install the drivers which in turn led me to downloaded the latest bios file.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by confucious_885, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Not being able to boot into the bios

I recently setup a new pc and once it was up and running decided to install the drivers which in turn led me to downloaded the latest bios file.I performed the following steps for all of those drivers except biosDownload all folders to desktopUnzip thoseOpen them and run the setup programmeFor the bios I basically followed the steps shown in this link [Motherboard] How to use USB BIOS FlashBack™? Official Support ASUS GlobalOpened the unzipped folderRenamed the biosCopied it to a usbTurned off pc and inserted usb to the bios slot on the back of motherboard.Pressed and held the bios

:)

confucious_885, Nov 30, 2021

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Dec 1, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

Not being able to boot into the bios

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Not being able to boot into the bios

1. Not being able to boot into the bios - Similar Threads - being able boot

2. Not being able to sign

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  3. Not being able to sign

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  4. New Drive Not Being Able to Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Drive Not Being Able to Boot: Recently I have decided to upgrade my C drive to a much larger drive. I used Macrium Reflect to clone my C drive over to the new drive E Drive and it looks like everything worked properly although I'm having trouble booting into it. When I try changing the boot device in BIOS...
  5. New Drive Not Being Able to Boot

New Drive Not Being Able to Boot: Recently I have decided to upgrade my C drive to a much larger drive. I used Macrium Reflect to clone my C drive over to the new drive E Drive and it looks like everything worked properly although I'm having trouble booting into it. When I try changing the boot device in BIOS...
  6. New Drive Not Being Able to Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Not being able to boot into the bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to boot into the bios: I recently setup a new pc and once it was up and running decided to install the drivers which in turn led me to downloaded the latest bios file.I performed the following steps for all of those drivers except biosDownload all folders to desktopUnzip thoseOpen them and run the...
  8. Not being able to boot into the bios

Not being able to boot into the bios: I recently setup a new pc and once it was up and running decided to install the drivers which in turn led me to downloaded the latest bios file.I performed the following steps for all of those drivers except biosDownload all folders to desktopUnzip thoseOpen them and run the...
  9. Not being able to boot from an external SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not being able to boot from an external SSD: I extracted the M.2 SATA SSD from my desktop computer at work, in order for me to be able to work at home from that system. And inserted it into a SSD adaptor and then into my laptop, then booted the windows from the SSD and everything was fine (2 times). Arrived home and...
  10. Not being able to delete.

in Browsers and Email
    Not being able to delete.: Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail. I have two questions. 1. I an not able to delete some junk emails. Some junk mail delete and some don't, and those that don't delete are accompanied with an error message "An unknown error has occurred." I have quite a collection of...