Windows 10: Not being able to delete.

Discus and support Not being able to delete. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail. I have two questions. 1. I an not able to delete some junk emails. Some junk mail delete and some don't, and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pedalpower, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Not being able to delete.

Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail.
    I have two questions.
    1. I an not able to delete some junk emails. Some junk mail delete and some don't, and those that don't delete are accompanied with an error message "An unknown error has occurred." I have quite a collection of junk mail I wish to dispose of.
    2. Stored emails are dropping off. Some disappear within a month or so, some longer, but eventually after say 9 months the remaining emails are gone. This is very frustrating when trying to recall information about a particular subject when the person at the other end thinks you know the complete conversation. I have asked this question here before with no answers. Surely there is a bright spark out there somewhere who has a few more clues that I.
    3. My 3rd question. Can I convert to Outlook Express and export all my mail and contacts to Outlook? This is the only way forward I can see to keeping all my mail.

:)

pedalpower, Jun 6, 2016

2. Not being able to delete folders

What happens when you try to delete them.. any error message?

See if you can clear them from
    Safe mode

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 6, 2016
  3. Not being able to delete folders

See if you clear it from recovery environment. Part 1 of
    this page
    explains how to access RE. Ignore the 2nd part.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 6, 2016
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

Not being able to delete.

Hello pedalpower mate having assumed you have used the Empty Junk mail option have you tried highlighting the ones you don't want and just hit the Delete key it will offer you the same as deleting the deleted folder.

If you go to Outlook (not a fan of it) you can make it look like WLM in the GUI but I found a better option was Thunderbird - same applies to the GUI though there one little issue transferring Contacts from WLM - until I can find a way of transferring them a tedious process of copying them to Thunderbird.

Suppose you have tried a sfc?? SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

ICIT2LOL, Jun 6, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    eM Client is also a powerful, albeit with a learning curve!, email program that has a very strong sync function between the ISP's email server and the end-user's hard-drive.

RolandJS, Jun 6, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    1. RE : some junk mails don't get deleted.
    Run a Repair option. It might be able to fix this problem.
    Go to Programs and Features > right click at Windows Essentials > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

2. RE : stored emails
    a). Did you set up " Leave a copy of messages on servers " ?
    b). Did you setup sub-folders to store emails or you just leave them in Inbox after reading ?

3. Re : Outlook Express
    I don't believe Windows 10 supports OE.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Not being able to delete.

1. Not being able to delete. - Similar Threads - being able delete

2. Not being able to sign

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  3. Not being able to sign

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  4. Not being able to sign

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Not being able to communicate with printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to communicate with printer: I am trying to make an .net application that would get the printer status but the program is not getting any status but previously it was getting all the status...
  6. Not being able to boot into the bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not being able to boot into the bios: I recently setup a new pc and once it was up and running decided to install the drivers which in turn led me to downloaded the latest bios file.I performed the following steps for all of those drivers except biosDownload all folders to desktopUnzip thoseOpen them and run the...
  7. Not being able to acces WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not being able to acces WindowsApps: I can't for some reason access Windows apps, when i try to change it to full control it just shows me this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-acces-windowsapps/5a916d79-788d-49fd-b7f1-36933e8e82cd
  8. Not being able to update windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not being able to update windows: hey guys can u help me with the windows update problem. i am having an issue where the windows update tab in the setting doesnot shows anything rather than a white screen. the white screen symbolizes as something is loading but even after 3-4 hrs of waiting its the same. and...
  9. Not being able to buy robux.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not being able to buy robux.: Hello, I am from Brazil and recently I got a 5$ gift card from microsft and I would like to use it to buy some robux. I go to the roblox app from microsft store, then I go into robux and I choose the one I want, it doesn't appear the option to buy with my microsoft account....
  10. Problem with not being able to delete language settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with not being able to delete language settings: Hello, I am having problems with my Windows 10 language settings and even though I tried a lot of solutions offered in other forums and by searching on the internet, I've yet failed to completely remove the issue, so as a last resort I'm writing here. The issue is: I've...