Windows 10: Not Being Able to Download off the web

Discus and support Not Being Able to Download off the web in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I got a laptop for my Christmas yesterday, I am a big chrome user. I went to go to download chrome and also Minecraft on the laptop and when I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SnakeandLion, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Not Being Able to Download off the web

Hello, I got a laptop for my Christmas yesterday, I am a big chrome user. I went to go to download chrome and also Minecraft on the laptop and when I press run or go and click on it in my downloads it tells me I can download apps from the store. It physically wont allow me to download off the web, how do I fix this?

:)

SnakeandLion, Dec 26, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Polarman Win User
    Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Not Being Able to Download off the web

not able to download

Hello,

Let's get this issue with the Windows Store sorted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps from downloading and installing correctly. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Not Being Able to Download off the web

1. Not Being Able to Download off the web - Similar Threads - Being Able Download

2. Not being able to sign

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  3. Not being able to sign

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  4. Can't download anything that isn't off the Web Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download anything that isn't off the Web Store.: I am not sure if this is a Windows 11 problem or not, but recently I have been attempting to download games and software on my laptop. Almost every single time, I get a message saying something along the lines of, "We noticed that you're trying to download something that...
  5. Can't download anything that isn't off the Web Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download anything that isn't off the Web Store.: I am not sure if this is a Windows 11 problem or not, but recently I have been attempting to download games and software on my laptop. Almost every single time, I get a message saying something along the lines of, "We noticed that you're trying to download something that...
  6. Not being able to download anything on my E: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not being able to download anything on my E: drive: Recently I have considered buying Forza Horizon 4 in the Microsoft store. Before buying the game I wanted to download the demo to see how the game is. When I went to download the demo I could not pick my E: drive from the selection where to download it. I have tried going to...
  7. Restricting access to install or download anything off the web

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restricting access to install or download anything off the web: Is there away to restrict a computer from being able to install or download anything off the web without authroizations of like a password made by the person monitoring what that user is and is not allowed to install on their computer?...
  8. Microsoft Store not being able to download apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not being able to download apps.: So I am for some reason not able to download anything of the store. It just pauses while downloading. I'll post a screenshot if that can help. This has been happening since my mom made accounts for my brother and I. Also, an error code pops up, something like 0x860000000....
  9. Not being able to delete.

in Browsers and Email
    Not being able to delete.: Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail. I have two questions. 1. I an not able to delete some junk emails. Some junk mail delete and some don't, and those that don't delete are accompanied with an error message "An unknown error has occurred." I have quite a collection of...
  10. Sick and tired of not being able to not download Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Sick and tired of not being able to not download Win 10: I have an older laptop that Windows itself says is not suitable for Win 10. It keeps trying to download it whenever I try to install Win 7 updates. I have uninstalled every update to Win 7 that is suppose to stop this, and made a change or 2 to the registry that I found, but...