Windows 10: Not being able to install a game i already own

Discus and support Not being able to install a game i already own in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So i own minecraft windows 10 on my Xbox and i have the same Microsoft account being used on my computer but when i go onto the Microsoft store on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TEZ9926, Apr 18, 2020.

1. TEZ9926 Win User

Not being able to install a game i already own

So i own minecraft windows 10 on my Xbox and i have the same Microsoft account being used on my computer but when i go onto the Microsoft store on my computer it says i own Minecraft windows 10 but I can only install it onto other devices and not my computer and i don't even have it installed on my computer.

:)

TEZ9926, Apr 18, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Not being able to install a game i already own - Similar Threads - being able install

2. Not allowed to download a game I already own?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not allowed to download a game I already own?: I am trying to download The Sims 4 onto my laptop. I bought it on my Xbox 1 on December 25th, 2018. However, it will not let me download it onto my computer even though every source I check says I have it downloaded. I've tried following a bunch of troubleshooting articles...
  3. Is there a way for me to gift a game I already own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way for me to gift a game I already own?: Hei, I kinda had a Minecraft Windows 10 version, and well I don't play on PC. And was wondering if there was a possibility that one could gift it away to friends whom plays on pc?...
  4. Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

Says I already own an app, but it will not install.: I have followed multiple threads on this, restoring the Microsoft Store, even going to the extent of restoring Windows this evening. I am still having exactly the same issue. When I go into Microsoft Store and My Library I can see the App and it says Install which I click...
  5. Bought a game I already own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a game I already own?: I bought a game on the pc Microsoft store, but when I looked in my games, it showed up twice, one saying 'modified minutes ago, and the other saying 'purchased minutes ago. the game is Minecraft starter collection, which contains the game and extras. Is this normal, or have I...
  6. Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

Says I already own an app, but it will not install.: I have previously uninstalled an app HP, but now need it back. At the store while clicking on the button 'GET', the app doesn't install but instead, it is written "Where do you want to install?" Then a blank window opens up, says: "It looks like you don’t have any...
  7. re-installing an already owned appNetflix

re-installing an already owned appNetflix: I am trying to access the windows store app on my HP Pavilion but it keeps displaying "Try Again, Something happened on our end. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-installing-an-already-owned-appnetflix/9e047c52-b890-4cb0-8bc1-b925036bf34d
  8. Not being able to play a game I just bought

Not being able to play a game I just bought: I just bought a game and for some reason whenever I try too play nothing shows up for some reason and I reset my computer reset the Microsoft store and I still can't play it. Someone help me with this?...
  9. Not able to install app on Windows 10. Microsoft stores shows that I already own the product.

Not able to install app on Windows 10. Microsoft stores shows that I already own the product.: I am trying to install heif image extensions on Windows 10. While searching for app, it shows 'You own this app' but i haven't installed it yet. Please help me to fix this....
  10. Unable to install a Windows10 App I already own

Unable to install a Windows10 App I already own: I am trying to install the Microsoft MakeCode App on a new Windows 10 laptop. It fails to download and reports the error 0x800727f8f. Same thing happens with iTunes....