Windows 10: not being able to load: Task bar, desktop or the windows menu

Discus and support not being able to load: Task bar, desktop or the windows menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i load my computer everything goes black and everything goes empty, none of my programmes load. i literally am only able to post this due to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FileronXXL, Dec 20, 2019.

1. not being able to load: Task bar, desktop or the windows menu

when i load my computer everything goes black and everything goes empty, none of my programmes load.

i literally am only able to post this due to a couple second window allowing me to open google i'm worried this will be a massive problem

to note if its something to do with files i wont be able to do anything as i cannot access the file explorer or anything else as a matter of fact

another note is it just updated

:)

FileronXXL, Dec 20, 2019

2. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 20, 2019
  3. task bar and apps not loading

Windows 10 upgraded without any problems and then ran wonderfully. Then this morning, my machine would not load the task bar and apps. I re-started it and the desktop loaded but the machine stalled at loading the task bar again. It spins for a while, goes
    to black, loads the desktop, stalls at the task bar, goes to black, loads desktop, stalls at task bar... over and over.

PeteMikkelsen, Dec 20, 2019
  4. not being able to load: Task bar, desktop or the windows menu

Unable to access Start menu, Search bar, notification buttons on Task bar after install the Update KB3139907 on Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for responding.

We are glad to know that you are able to access Search bar and notification center after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

For the issues with Start menu, try the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below PowerShell command to re-register Start menu and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Right click on the Taskbar and select
      Task Manager
      from the context menu.

• In the Task Manager window, click on
      File
      and on Run new task.

• Type powershell, place a check mark on
      Create this task with administrative privileges
      and click Ok.

• In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the below command and hit Enter key from the keyboard.

• Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    5. Once the command execution is completed successfully, close the PowerShell window and reboot/ restart the computer.

NOTE: When you are running the PowerShell command, I recommend you to close all the apps on your system and try.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

not being able to load: Task bar, desktop or the windows menu

1. not being able to load: Task bar, desktop or the windows menu - Similar Threads - being able load

2. Task bar infinite loading.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar infinite loading.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SrHaruno [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15o6t1j/task_bar_infinite_loading/
  3. windows task bar not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows task bar not loading: everytime i start my pc up the task bar at the bottom takes a while to load, its will instantly load when i click my mouse and the screen will flash and everything will pop as normal, but it didnt use to do this only recently, ive turned off almost all startup apps already...
  4. windows task bar not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows task bar not loading: everytime i start my pc up the task bar at the bottom takes a while to load, its will instantly load when i click my mouse and the screen will flash and everything will pop as normal, but it didnt use to do this only recently, ive turned off almost all startup apps already...
  5. windows task bar not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Task Bar not loading loading forever at startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar not loading loading forever at startup.: Hello. Somewhere at the end of June I had problem where task bar is loading forever after starting pc. I see just blue circle and time and date, nothing else. Search bar and start button are inaccessible as well. Desktop works fine. My luck I have task manager shortcut...
  7. task bar not loading anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task bar not loading anything: My task bar isnt loading? Like the volume adjusment bar wont show up when i click on it and clicking google from the task bar wont have it open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-loading-anything/d7a45045-97bb-4373-abbd-a32b95483cf1
  8. Windows 10 Task bar loading

Windows 10 Task bar loading: as normal I log into my pc but the pinned items on my task par is gone and the shortcuts on my desktop screen. when I hold over the task bar it is the fully blue loading circkle and I can see my courser normal if I have it over my background. no short commands works like...
  9. Desktop and task bar icons not loading, unable to use search bar too

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop and task bar icons not loading, unable to use search bar too: My pc has not worked for about a year now so took my laptop to uni instead. Back home now because of corona virus so have only just got round to trying to fix it. My pc loads fine untill I put in my password in to log in. When I do that for about 4 or 5 minutes my screen is...
  10. Windows start menu not working and no task bar

Windows start menu not working and no task bar: i turn on my laptop Windows 10 it does not ask me to sign in the desktop comes up with nothing on the task bar except for speaker Internet etc no browser option if I click on anything it does not work also the Windows sta button or cortana does not work if I click on it. I...