Windows 10: Not Being Able To Reset My PC

Discus and support Not Being Able To Reset My PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So since yesterday March 22, 2020, I've been trying to reset my pc. I clicked reset and went to bed. When I woke up, It said that it failed to reset.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sarmadahmad1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Not Being Able To Reset My PC

So since yesterday March 22, 2020, I've been trying to reset my pc. I clicked reset and went to bed. When I woke up, It said that it failed to reset. I've searched everywhere on youtube but I can't find any video that helps. If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please help me.

:)

sarmadahmad1, Mar 23, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 23, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Not Being Able To Reset My PC

No "Reset This PC" option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Where exactly are you looking for the Reset this PC option?
    • Were you able to successfully clone the drive?
    • Could you please provide more clarity on, “On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was last partition. On new hard disk that partition had moved to first position”?
    • Were you able to get the Reset this PC option by following the steps mentioned in the article provided by you?

If you wish to reset the PC, there are multiple ways to do it. You may want to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Reset or reinstall Windows 10

However, please reply with the details requested above to help you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Not Being Able To Reset My PC

1. Not Being Able To Reset My PC - Similar Threads - Being Able Reset

2. Not being able to sign

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  3. Not being able to sign

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  4. Not being able to sign

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Forgot password and not able to reset pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot password and not able to reset pc: I forgot my password and I'm not able to reset my pc. In the system recovery page I'm trying to change settings to reset password and make new user but it says wrong password when I try to open command prompt. Even to reset pc settings and apps not files it asks me the...
  6. Forgot password and not able to reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password and not able to reset pc: I forgot my password and I'm not able to reset my pc. In the system recovery page I'm trying to change settings to reset password and make new user but it says wrong password when I try to open command prompt. Even to reset pc settings and apps not files it asks me the...
  7. Forgot password and not able to reset pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not able to factory reset pc...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not able to factory reset pc...: So here's what I've done so far... I've spf scan from adminstrative command prompt as well as reagentc enable disable from the ACP , I've also tried shift+restart and the troubleshooting there still no luck , any ideas? *First time I tried screen went black and nothing...
  9. Not able to reset pc...need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not able to reset pc...need help: . submitted by /u/jojo225area51 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jateda/not_able_to_reset_pcneed_help/
  10. Not being able to delete.

in Browsers and Email
    Not being able to delete.: Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail. I have two questions. 1. I an not able to delete some junk emails. Some junk mail delete and some don't, and those that don't delete are accompanied with an error message "An unknown error has occurred." I have quite a collection of...