Windows 10: Not being able to run as administrator any app

Discus and support Not being able to run as administrator any app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everthing started after a very painful day using my laptop. i kept restarting it until the point where the screen blured. After a few minutes i got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dragos862, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Dragos862 Win User

Not being able to run as administrator any app

Everthing started after a very painful day using my laptop. i kept restarting it until the point where the screen blured. After a few minutes i got the error saying the extended atributes are inconsistent from skype. After that i gone to task manager and disabled skype startup. I tryed to go to command prompt and run sfc /scannow but it didnt allow me because i wasnt administrator. When i tryed to run as administrator, the same error accured but now it said "File system error -1073741818" . After this i tryed to go to recovery mode

:)

Dragos862, Apr 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Not being able to run as administrator any app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Problem with Apps that Running as Administrator

Hi,

Running programs as an administrator can be set checking the properties of the app it self. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? It is better if you could provide to us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Problem with Apps that Running as Administrator

Hi,

User Account Control may have made the changes on your computer that caused this. For us to help you correct this, we suggest that you toggle between the options of turning off and turning back on your User Account Control and see if there will be any changes
    on your applications. Kindly follow the steps below on how to turn User Account Control On or Off:

• Type in UAC on the search bar.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
    • Perform the following steps:
      • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click
        OK.
      • To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security and click
        OK.
    • You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter your administrator password.
    • Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Not being able to run as administrator any app - Similar Threads - being able run

2. not being able to dowload or update apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not being able to dowload or update apps: when pressing the update button or download button it will say its "downloading" it will then stop and say "something has happened on our end" this has been showing up for at least 2 months i have updated multiple times and troubleshooted so many times but it wont change...
  3. I can't run any apps as administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't run any apps as administrator.: I recently got a new laptop for school, which shipped with windows 11. I first ran into this issue when I tried to run CMD as administrator.Rightclicking on it shows the context menu, but even when clicking on advanced options, there's no option to run as administrator....
  4. I can't run any apps as administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't run any apps as administrator.: I recently got a new laptop for school, which shipped with windows 11. I first ran into this issue when I tried to run CMD as administrator.Rightclicking on it shows the context menu, but even when clicking on advanced options, there's no option to run as administrator....
  5. I can't run any app as an administrator.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run any app as an administrator.: When I normally try to run an app, say for example PowerShell, it will run of course I can't perform half the functions without admin on powershell so it's useless. But when I right-click the app and run it as admin, it won't run. Nothing shows up. Basically the apps won't...
  6. Not able to run cmd as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to run cmd as Administrator: As i have activated hidden administrator by using the cmd "net user administrator /active:yes", but i have not set any password. Now when i login as guest account am not able to run cmd as administrator as when i try to run it as administrator, its asking to enter...
  7. Not able to run any of the apps from microsoft store due to "not able to access windowsapps"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not able to run any of the apps from microsoft store due to "not able to access windowsapps": Whenever I try to run apps installed from Microsoft Store, a pop_up message see below shows up. [ATTACH] Tried multiple solutions suggested by Microsoft advisor but none of the solutions seems to be working. Attempted solutions: Re-register All Store app, Run Windows...
  8. not able to run as administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not able to run as administrator: not able to run as Administrator. Why would they do this. I have 3 new Pcs ready to go to another os. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-as-administrator/f15d267c-b79c-44d2-b0a6-fa93ab65c7ab"
  9. Not able to find any games, as-well as not being able to sync any saves.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to find any games, as-well as not being able to sync any saves.: This is hard to explain. This only seems to happen in games I have played previously - Forza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7... Not Horizon 4 though. My first assumption as to why I wasn't able to play any games was Teredo, and surely enough some parameters were not in it's...
  10. Can't run any apps as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run any apps as administrator: Hi, I am trying to run programs that require administrator privileges but it gives me a message saying "This App Can't Run On Your PC. To find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher". This happens even when I try to run CMD as administrator. I tried...