Windows 10: Not being able to save files in drive

Discus and support Not being able to save files in drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive had this problem from a long time, but it is that i cannot save files at my 2nd hard drive. Local Disk C: ended space and i need some, but i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XDboy YT BG, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Not being able to save files in drive

Ive had this problem from a long time, but it is that i cannot save files at my 2nd hard drive. Local Disk C: ended space and i need some, but i cant download stuff nor save stuff there. Any help? Not being able to save files in drive 7a356aa3-92c8-4857-b274-9b6f6e69b403?upload=true.png

:)

XDboy YT BG, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Cannot save files to network drives anymore

Hi Brendo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Which account was used to sign in to Office, when the user attempted to save files to the mapped drive?

This could be due to the incorrect user information used. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Open Word 2016, and navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign out of all the accounts under User Information.
    • Restart Office, navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign In to use the work email for user information.
    • Now, try saving the Office documents to the mapped drive.

If the issue persists, as the issue is related to Server, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Servers to assist you with this.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 27, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Not being able to save files in drive

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Not being able to save files in drive

1. Not being able to save files in drive - Similar Threads - being able save

2. Not being able to drag and copy files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to drag and copy files: Why can't I drag or copy files into device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-drag-and-copy-files/1f951a24-d7d4-4df3-8c96-81a629d14da3
  3. New Drive Not Being Able to Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Drive Not Being Able to Boot: Recently I have decided to upgrade my C drive to a much larger drive. I used Macrium Reflect to clone my C drive over to the new drive E Drive and it looks like everything worked properly although I'm having trouble booting into it. When I try changing the boot device in BIOS...
  4. New Drive Not Being Able to Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Drive Not Being Able to Boot: Recently I have decided to upgrade my C drive to a much larger drive. I used Macrium Reflect to clone my C drive over to the new drive E Drive and it looks like everything worked properly although I'm having trouble booting into it. When I try changing the boot device in BIOS...
  5. New Drive Not Being Able to Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Files not being saved to new drive even though I selected the option to save to that drive

Files not being saved to new drive even though I selected the option to save to that drive: So I recently filled up my SSD and now I am trying to use my other drive. I went to settings and then storage then I went to "change where new content is saved" and chose my hard disk. However, when I changed my new incoming files to be located into the hard disk the files...
  7. not being able to change where new apps will be saved to

not being able to change where new apps will be saved to: I am unable to change where new apps will be saved to I keep getting error code 0x80070005 when trying to change where new apps will be saved to...
  8. word or note pad not being able to save/ save as.

word or note pad not being able to save/ save as.: If you are having issues with not being able to save a document, try this. Go to search bar and type in Controlled folder, go to the controlled folder access program, then to "allow an app through Controlled folder access>then to add an allowed app, go to recently blocked...
  9. Not able to save or open files

Not able to save or open files: Hello everyone . I bought a brand new windows 10 laptop to go along with with a new guitar amplifier I purchased . The amplifier comes with free software to download . The software ( BLACKSTAR INSIDER } is a very valuable tool for downloading amp setting patches that I can...
  10. Not able to save files:

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to save files:: If I edit a file or anything that I pull out of a folder like a picture, it won't let me save it. Keeps saying I have no rights to that folder, which I have had for years with rights. 17169