Windows 10: Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen

Discus and support Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am not able to turn on this setting even though I am the administrator. Please tell me a way to fix this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VenkatasivaRamisetty, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen

Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen 2fa9e428-64f2-4164-8b04-cbfea84d170f?upload=true.png

I am not able to turn on this setting even though I am the administrator. Please tell me a way to fix this.

:)

VenkatasivaRamisetty, Mar 4, 2021
  2. crionsynx Win User

Microsoft Defender Smartscreen

Hi COLINGILBERT1,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I'm an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products just like you. Let me help you with your concern.

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen checks downloaded files against a list of reported malicious software sites and known unsafe programs and against list of files that are well known and downloaded by many Windows users. If the file you downloaded is on the malicious
    list or is not commonly downloaded it will show a warning, advising caution. If you believe that the file is not malicious and you trust the source then you can ignore the warning by clicking "Run anyway".

Refer to the below link for the benefits of Microsoft Defender SmartScreen.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

crionsynx, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Windows defender smartscreen

Every time i go to install a application on my windows 10 it keeps getting Blocked by the windows defender smartscreen security is there anyone that can help me please i’ve tried turning off the windows defender smartscreen but i’m still have no look hope
    someone can please help

{ paulcleaver }, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen

Turn off automatic driver update and SmartScreen causing high disk and memory usage

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be quite frustrating when the computer does not work the way you want it to. I certainly appreciate the steps that you have tried. We can perform a couple of steps and see if we can resolve the issue.​

You can turn off the automatic installation of drivers from the Device installation settings and check if that helps. To turn off automatic installation please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Change Device installation settings
      in the search bar and open it.
    2. Click on No.
    3. Click on Save Changes.

Regarding SmartScreen causing high Disk and Memory usage, you can turn off the SmartScreen from Windows Security and check if that helps. To turn off SmartScreen, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Note: SmartScreen automatically scans applications, files, downloads, and websites, blocking known dangerous content. We recommend leaving SmartScreen enabled, as it provides an additional layer of security that helps to protect the PC.

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Update & Security.
    3. Click on Windows Security.
    4. Click on Windows Defender Security Center.
    5. Click on App & browser control.
    6. Select off under Check apps and files, SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge
      and SmartScreen for Microsoft Store apps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen

1. Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen - Similar Threads - being able turn

2. Windows defender SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows defender SmartScreen: Bonjour,J'ai un gros soucis avec SmartScreen il consomme en permanence entre 25 et 30% de ressources processeur sans que le PC ne fasse quoi que ce soit.Comment puis-je faire pour stopper ce process?...
  3. Not able to turn on Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to turn on Windows Defender: Previously I installed K7 that disabled the WinDef.. After uninstalling that i retried to enable win defender from group policy but that is not also working [Original Title: Win Defender]...
  4. Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?: I don't know if i have a extreme weak memory but im pretty sure the option in app & browser control about windows smartscreen defender checking apps and files not recognized by the web was on some moments ago and from nowhere it turned itself off, so i have to go and enable...
  5. Windows Defender SmartScreen isn't turning on

Windows Defender SmartScreen isn't turning on: After I uninstalled my previous antivirus software, Defender SmartScreen isn't turning on. It didn't happen before I installed the antivirus. Though I've already deleted all the files & registries caused by the previous antivirus, it isn't turning on. It says, "This setting...
  6. defender smartscreen

defender smartscreen: im trying to download a file and run it but everytime i do it says unverified publisher and wont let me i disabled everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-smartscreen/d22f5060-47dd-4724-aebc-0662fafe1aac
  7. Windows Defender Smartscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Smartscreen: Windows Defender SmartScreen is constantly using 13-16% of my CPU resources. Is this normal? Seems to be bogging my computer down. Task manager shows Very High power usage and Very High power usage trend. This doesn't seem appropriate for a function that operates in the...
  8. Windows defender smartscreen

Windows defender smartscreen: Every time i go to install a application on my windows 10 it keeps getting Blocked by the windows defender smartscreen security is there anyone that can help me please i’ve tried turning off the windows defender smartscreen but i’m still have no look hope someone can please...
  9. Windows Defender SmartScreen

Windows Defender SmartScreen: We are developing an application and singing both the executable/dlls as well as the installer with an EV code-signing certificate. Our application recently we began being flagged by Windows Defender SmartScreen despite having the EV certificate. It passes the Windows App...
  10. Windows Defender/SmartScreen

Windows Defender/SmartScreen: Why does Windows Defender/SmartScreen detect the AMTSO Test Web sites Phishing test page one day and then I try another day and it WILL NOT detect it? What is going on? I do not want a 3rd party A/V product, but we need consistent and strong protection. Thanks, Karl...