Windows 10: Not being offered windows 10 1709 home january update

Discus and support Not being offered windows 10 1709 home january update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a lenovo G550 laptop (old) that is not being offered the January update through windows update. I am running the latest version of Eset nod32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bbernieb, Jan 29, 2018.

1. bbernieb Win User

Not being offered windows 10 1709 home january update

I have a lenovo G550 laptop (old) that is not being offered the January update through windows update. I am running the latest version of Eset nod32 and have checked the registry key and it does exist. The processor in the laptop is a Pentium dual core T4300 @ 2.1GHZ. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

bbernieb, Jan 29, 2018

2. KB4054517 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64-based systems fails

Hi John,

Microsoft is aware of this issue and has released a new update to resolve the issue. That being said, we suggest that you install the KB4058702 update given on this article:
    Servicing stack update for Windows 10 Version 1709: January 3, 2018. Under the
    section How to get this update, there are two different method that you can do to download the update.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jan 29, 2018
  3. How do I get my Windows defender to start a virus threat scan

We're only dealing with your Win10 Home Desktop PC in this thread. Once you've successfully completed the (literal) clean install of Win10 on the Desktop PC, you should be running Windows 10 Version 1709.

That being said...

If the Fall Creators Update (Windows 10 Version 1709) is being offered to your Win10 Pro Notebook PC via Windows Update, there's no reason NOT to install it. If you encounter problems, you'll need to begin another new thread for the Notebook PC. [If that
    should be the case, feel free to reply to this post & give me a link to your new thread.]

Over & out...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 29, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Which version are you on now ? (Win+R\winver; latest version is Build 16299.194 for 64-bit and 16299.201 for 32-bit). Go to the Windows News section - Windows 10 News - Windows 10 Forums and pick out the version you want from the Sticky Threads, then use Brink's links to the Windows Update catalog and download & run.

mrgeek, Jan 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Not being offered windows 10 1709 home january update - Similar Threads - being offered 1709

2. Security Intelligence Updates not being offered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Updates not being offered: I am Win 11 Pro 64-bit and fully updated except for the "Preview Update" I have long been set to manually download updates. I check daily and update all presented except Preview items.Since 6 July 2023 I have not been presented with the Option to Update Security intelligence....
  3. Security Intelligence Updates not being offered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Intelligence Updates not being offered: I am Win 11 Pro 64-bit and fully updated except for the "Preview Update" I have long been set to manually download updates. I check daily and update all presented except Preview items.Since 6 July 2023 I have not been presented with the Option to Update Security intelligence....
  4. Windows Update are not being Offered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  5. Windows Update are not being Offered

Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  6. Windows 10 22H2 are not being offered by Intune

Windows 10 22H2 are not being offered by Intune: Hi everyone, All my devices are the same make/modelDell Latitude 3520, Windows 10, same device group and Intune MEM/AAD joined. I have set Update Ring to delivery Quality/Feature updates automatically on Intune. Some devices are not being offered the Feature update 22H2 but...
  7. Windows 10 2004 not being offered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 not being offered: This is more of a curiosity as I am wondering why I am not being offered Windows 10 2004. I did a check for updates and I am presented with: I spent overnight in a hotel (in the same city I live in) and with my laptop connected to their Wi-Fi I was offered to download and...
  8. ComputerActive Windows 10 Home offer.

ComputerActive Windows 10 Home offer.: I hope this is OK to post if not then please delete this thread. UK’s ComputerActive magazine is selling genuine Win 10 (Home - £29.99 & Pro - £39.99): Computeractive Software Store - Windows 10 Home - 79% off RRP There’s other MS software too like Office. This is for a...
  9. windows 10 home version 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 home version 1709: How do i stop windows updates permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-version-1709/7a4ccd2a-5663-42ed-ae2f-7c4a5d88d667
  10. App updates not being offered in 10586

App updates not being offered in 10586: On my main PC which has been updated with the anniversary build I got app updates for solitaire and sticky notes today. However these same app updates were not offered to our secondary machine which is still on the previous 10586. Are these updates for the latest build only...