Windows 10: Not booting with blank screen after Windows update

Discus and support Not booting with blank screen after Windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I turn on my laptop (Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL) I hear the fans running, hard drive starting, and I see the LED light come on, but I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Noah Bradford, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Not booting with blank screen after Windows update

When I turn on my laptop (Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL) I hear the fans running, hard drive starting, and I see the LED light come on, but I have a completely black screen. When I press F2 or F8 to go into BIOS it doesn't work and I don't see the Acer logo later in it's just always a blank screen.

please help.

:)

Noah Bradford, Feb 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

Anyone have any luck with this ? Windows appears to boot normally until the screen with the little dots on it. Then it goes black , stays that way for a minute and finally logs on. I`ve already googled this and all the answers boil down to two solutions - disable fast startup and change your graphics driver. Neither rly helped for me tho it did seem to be graphics card related.

Awaiting more expert suggestions from TPU !

francis511, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

reseat your gpu's disable crossfire

eidairaman1, Feb 20, 2019
  4. GoonerUK Win User

Not booting with blank screen after Windows update

blank screen at boot up 4850 could it be voltages?

Hello everyone *Smile Not booting with blank screen after Windows update :)
    I've been getting a blank screen at cold boot up the first time i turn my pc on until it gets to desktop also if i leave it off for a couple of hours or leave it idle at desktop for more than a couple of hours it goes blank again,with all these i get a flashing green power light on my monitor. I was looking at the voltages in RBE in the clock setting and see at boot [clock info 00] the voltage is blank, that includes brets bios's and the default bios as well, as well as being blank in 03 06 09. Ive looked at bios's for the 3800 series and they all had voltages of 1.3 in the boot clock.

Could this be why i get a blank screen on a cold boot or after a couple of hours of inactivity,would it be safe to put a voltage value of 1.084 or something similar in the boot clock info 00?? Would if cure my blank screen problem?

GoonerUK, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Not booting with blank screen after Windows update

1. Not booting with blank screen after Windows update - Similar Threads - booting blank screen

2. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  3. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  4. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows booting to blank screen after safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows booting to blank screen after safe mode: Hi there, Desktop is working perfectly running Windows 10 v2004 and I went to msconfig to boot the PC in safe mode. After the reboot, the PC just boots into a blank screen and the monitor does not seems to get any input from the graphics card. I cannot boot BIOS as...
  6. blank screen will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen will not boot: How can I boot in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-screen-will-not-boot/780d029d-0955-48b6-a9b7-c64d3ab6a6c0
  7. Blank screen after boot up

Blank screen after boot up: Hi i wonder if any has any tips on this problem!? I recently bought a Dell xps 2nd hand which originally had windows 8 on but had been upgraded to win 10. Its been working fine then other day i shut it down with option of : shutdown & install updates. When i booted up the...
  8. Blank screen after update.

Blank screen after update.: [IMG] Help! My computer will not even let me log in...I hit okay and now it is on a blank screen. Before this I could not access any files on my computer. What is going on? :(...
  9. blank screen on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blank screen on boot: i am booting my windows 10 machine with a vga connection to an acer monitor. The computer boots ok as i can hear the windows chime but i cant see anything on the monitor it just goes blank but it is not black it is blue/purple and It is responding to the computer signal. It...
  10. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....