Windows 10: Not BSoD, tried installing new GFX Card, stuck in Startup Repair Loop

Discus and support Not BSoD, tried installing new GFX Card, stuck in Startup Repair Loop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I purchased a new GFX card, my power supply wasn't good enough for it, so I took it out, and now when my computer boots it boots in to start up repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ImPico, Aug 20, 2015.

1. ImPico Win User

Not BSoD, tried installing new GFX Card, stuck in Startup Repair Loop

I purchased a new GFX card, my power supply wasn't good enough for it, so I took it out, and now when my computer boots it boots in to start up repair and loops, this is what the message says (I'm typing this out from my room mates computer):

Problem Signature:
    Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
    Problem Signature 01: 10.0.10240.6384
    Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
    Problem Signature 03: unknown
    Problem Signature 04: 2
    Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
    Problem Signature 06: 1
    Problem Signature 07: OsVersionMismatch
    Locale ID: 1033 (set to japan for certain games/other software)

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

ImPico, Aug 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_UNHANDLED BSOD loop (recovery options fail)

Running windows 10, and stuck in a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD loop. The problem occurred when I plugged a 4-port USB extender into one of my USB ports. I don't know why that would affect it, but one moment my pc is running fine, and as
    soon as I plugged it in it crashed.

The Automatic Startup Repair tool failed. I viewed the SrtTrail.txt file in cmd, and this seems to be where the problem lay:

repair action: system files integrity check and repair

result: failed. error code = 0x490

I tried multiple restore points, but they failed.

System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point.

Source: AppxStaging

Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070091)

I tried repair with a Windows 10 recovery flash drive, but no luck.

I tried to boot into safe mode, but still stuck in the BSOD loop.

Then I tried the Reset this PC option (keeps files, reinstalls Windows) but that failed.

Not really sure what I can do next. Thanks in advance for any help.

Vendetta44, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Alex_066 Win User
    Windows 10 crash loop

I recently installed windows 10 on a new build and had a couple of weeks with no problems. I then started getting increasingly regular BSODs, usually 0xc00000023. After it got to the point where I could only boot into recovery options, of which none worked
    and i could not boot into safe mode as the startup options screen would freeze, I reinstalled windows 10 after wiping my hard drive.

The BSODs continued to the point where i only had the option to reinstall windows 10 again and during the reinstall I got another BSOD. I am stuck in a crash loop where I get a 0xc00000023 BSOD on startup and then a 'Recovery, your pc needs to be repaired
    0xc0000001' screen after it restarts which freezes before I can choose an option. Throughout this loop my keyboard is unresponsive so I cannot access any of the various menus using f11, del etc. and so am powerless to do anything in an attempt to solve the
    issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex_066, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Not BSoD, tried installing new GFX Card, stuck in Startup Repair Loop

1. Not BSoD, tried installing new GFX Card, stuck in Startup Repair Loop - Similar Threads - BSoD tried installing

2. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.: Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop which is stuck on "attempting repair" on startup. I've tried pretty much everything I think. I booted from a flashdrive, tried everything including system restore which failed as it scanned the file system on the drive C:\ It suggests the...
  3. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.: Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop which is stuck on "attempting repair" on startup. I've tried pretty much everything I think. I booted from a flashdrive, tried everything including system restore which failed as it scanned the file system on the drive C:\ It suggests the...
  4. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. GFX card install.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GFX card install.: Last week I got my hands on a EVGA 3070. My question is this and I don't want to mess anything up. That card has (2) 8 pin connections. My EVG cable coming off the 850 watt PSU has (1) 8pin connections along with an 6pin with a detached 2pin. Like I said , I don't want to...
  6. Windows startup repair loop BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows startup repair loop BSOD: I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop running 64 bit windows 10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110). My windows and drivers are all up to date.Here are my detailed system specs. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/A...RClvg20GbOyKeV Since 15 July, almost everyday, I have been...
  7. GFX card install.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GFX card install.: Last week I got my hands on a EVGA 3070. My question is this and I don't want to mess anything up. That card has (2) 8 pin connections. My EVG cable coming off the 850 watt PSU has (1) 8pin connections along with an 6pin with a detached 2pin. Like I said , I don't want to...
  8. Stuck at Startup repair and it is in loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Startup repair and it is in loop: Really please help required that i have try all the troubleshooting tips with resetting my pc nothing has work for me, for me the last option is recovery. But i really appreatiate if some one able to help me regarding this problem to help me. My concern is that if i used...
  9. Stuck in startup repair loop, startup settings missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in startup repair loop, startup settings missing: Hi, I am stuck in a startup repair loop and cannot boot into safe mode as there is no startup settings tile from the advanced options. I tried to use command prompt to boot into safe mode (the command I used started with bcdedit) but that didn't work either...I have also...
  10. Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop: Hi Team, My family member’s computer seem to be having issues with startup with Windows 10 today, which seem to be after some updates released. Basically the computer is stucked in the start up spinning dots and automatic repair section after trying to hard boot the PC...