Windows 10: Not charging in sleep mode

Discus and support Not charging in sleep mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello ,My laptop couldn't charge when it is in sleep mode . i had reported to hp technical support but they said it is not hardware issues . anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xxo1, Nov 28, 2021.

1. xxo1 Win User

Not charging in sleep mode

Hello ,My laptop couldn't charge when it is in sleep mode . i had reported to hp technical support but they said it is not hardware issues . anyone knows about it ? Thanks .

:)

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 28, 2021
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 28, 2021
  4. NIK1 Win User

No Wireless Mouse Charge in sleep mode with Windows 10

I have a MadCatz Rat9 wireless mouse and in windows 10 when I go to sleep mode the wireless mouse does not charge. I had windows 7 ul before and the mouse charged fine in sleep mode. In device manager I checked the mouse drivers and in power management allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is greyed out. Allow this device to wake the computer has a checkmark. I can not for the life of me figure out why windows 7 charged ok in sleep mode and windows 10 will not. Any ideas on how to fix this greatly appreciated...

Thema:

1. Not charging in sleep mode - Similar Threads - charging sleep mode

2. Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode: My HP 15 Laptop PC will only charge if closed or in sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this? It is only 3 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-only-charge-if-closed-or-in-sleep-mode/87a0f04f-0e32-452f-99e7-c28da88fc8c0
  3. Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode: My HP 15 Laptop PC will only charge if closed or in sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this? It is only 3 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-only-charge-if-closed-or-in-sleep-mode/87a0f04f-0e32-452f-99e7-c28da88fc8c0
  4. Black screen with a cursor in sleep mode while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a cursor in sleep mode while charging: I'm using Asus TUF Dash F15. After I updated my laptop to windows 11, I experienced a black screen with a cursor when my laptop was in sleep mode while charging. Then I just remove his charge to get rid of the black screen but sometimes the black screen doesn't disappear. I...
  5. Black screen with a cursor in sleep mode while charging

Black screen with a cursor in sleep mode while charging: I'm using Asus TUF Dash F15. After I updated my laptop to windows 11, I experienced a black screen with a cursor when my laptop was in sleep mode while charging. Then I just remove his charge to get rid of the black screen but sometimes the black screen doesn't disappear. I...
  6. Not charging in sleep mode

Not charging in sleep mode: Hello ,My laptop couldn't charge when it is in sleep mode . i had reported to hp technical support but they said it is not hardware issues . anyone knows about it ? Thanks ....
  7. Not charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not charging in sleep mode: Hello ,My laptop couldn't charge when it is in sleep mode . i had reported to hp technical support but they said it is not hardware issues . anyone knows about it ? Thanks ....
  8. Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes

Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes: Can someone confirm if, when my laptop lid is shut but mains charger plugged in, battery charging still continues - either when in sleep or hibernation mode? (My settings are currently set to "sleep" when lid is closed.) Second, what is the difference between sleep and...
  9. Battery only charging in sleep mode

Battery only charging in sleep mode: I have not added or changed any software, and now my laptop battery only charges in sleep mode. I have spent some time with Microsoft Support remotely checking my laptop, but they were unable to resolve it. If there possibly a fix that not all support knows about, this...
  10. No Wireless Mouse Charge in sleep mode with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Wireless Mouse Charge in sleep mode with Windows 10: I have a MadCatz Rat9 wireless mouse and in windows 10 when I go to sleep mode the wireless mouse does not charge. I had windows 7 ul before and the mouse charged fine in sleep mode. In device manager I checked the mouse drivers and in power management allow the computer to...