Windows 10: Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

Discus and support Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My parents Windows 10 PC stopped having sound output or input devices. As I was trying to fix that issue through the troubleshooter it pulls up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James Kim1, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

My parents Windows 10 PC stopped having sound output or input devices. As I was trying to fix that issue through the troubleshooter it pulls up a "Looks like you aren't connected to the internet" window. So I checked my internet connection and it's on ethernet and the browser connection works fine. The only weird thing is the Not Connected icon is up on my start bar as well as the PC saying "Not Connected" in network settings.But I am posting this post from the supposedly no connection PC. I believe the sound issue is stemming from this PC not getting windows updates because of this "Not Conne

:)

James Kim1, Nov 14, 2022
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Nov 14, 2022
  3. akhlaq768 Win User
    Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Nov 14, 2022
  4. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

Connecting PC to internet using Ovi Suite and C6

Hi all,

I am trying to connect my PC to internet via my Nokia C6-00 through USB cable.

Connection always fails but no info on what's wrong is shown.

Is there any log I can check to understand what's going on?!

Additional Info:

• usb connection mode is set to PC SUITE
    • C6 already connects to the Internet
    • I was able to surf the web on my laptop using JoikuSpot WiFi tethering on C6.

PeruukkiC6, Nov 14, 2022
Thema:

Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

1. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web - Similar Threads - Connected message connected

2. Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices: Hi everyone.I have a weird issue that has me stumped.I have a brand new windows 11 laptop, When connected to my Wifi I can browse the web as per normal BUT here comes the problem, I cant access any of my local devices. I cant ping the default gateway or browse to it via my...
  3. Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices: Hi everyone.I have a weird issue that has me stumped.I have a brand new windows 11 laptop, When connected to my Wifi I can browse the web as per normal BUT here comes the problem, I cant access any of my local devices. I cant ping the default gateway or browse to it via my...
  4. PC not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not connecting to internet: The PC does not connect to the internet by either ethernet or wifi. Have tried all the basic stuff, such as turning router on and off, have ran an sfc scannow which found corrupt files but then did a clean up image and this said there was no violations afterwards. I have ran...
  5. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web: My parents Windows 10 PC stopped having sound output or input devices. As I was trying to fix that issue through the troubleshooter it pulls up a "Looks like you aren't connected to the internet" window. So I checked my internet connection and it's on ethernet and the browser...
  6. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web: My parents Windows 10 PC stopped having sound output or input devices. As I was trying to fix that issue through the troubleshooter it pulls up a "Looks like you aren't connected to the internet" window. So I checked my internet connection and it's on ethernet and the browser...
  7. No Internet Secured but I can surf the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Secured but I can surf the internet.: Yesterday, the WiFi worked normally. But today, when I opened my laptop and connected it to the internet, it showed "no internet, secured." Strangely, I was able to surf the internet but not windows program such as Cortana, feedback hub, windows update, etc. I've tried to...
  8. Can not connect to the internet

Can not connect to the internet: I have a Prime B450-Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 26000, 32GB DDR4, an NVIDIA GTX1060 6GB GPU and RM850i Power Supply. a few days ago the Network Adapter decided not to work/not detected after my girlfriend had her laptop plugged in with Cat5 she plugged the cable back into the Desktop...
  9. no internet access but still can surf internet

no internet access but still can surf internet: Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Physical address MAC: 48:ba:4e:aa:1b:fe Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.9.79/16 IPv6 address: fe80::dd53:f881:d264:94f%18/64 DNS servers: 120.138.98.18, 120.138.96.18...
  10. Cannot surf the web!

Cannot surf the web!: Hello! I approach you with a problem, I cannot surf the web (I've tried both chrome and edge) but I can use uTorrent to download files just fine. I formatted my pc TWICE, disabled automatic updates completely (because I thought that maybe it was a problem from an update),...