Windows 10: Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Discus and support Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DerekWilson9, May 18, 2020.

1. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not sure if there is a firewall, setting, etc. that needs to be changed.

:)

DerekWilson9, May 18, 2020

2. Internet Connection

Hi George,

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Internet connections troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connections troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 18, 2020
  4. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

want to connect 2 wired routers to 1 broadband connection

hey guys,
    here is my problem i want to connect two wired routers which both of them are billion bipac 5200s , plz refer [http://www.billion.com/_Internet/usermanual/BIPAC5200seriesUM.pdf"] to know more about the router.both of them use the same settings. both of them are ADSL Modem/Router and they are having DHCP Server:Enabled, Connection Type*Stick Out Tongue Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update :pPPoE, NAT Status:activated.

so basically one of the router is connected in my office which is around one mile away from my home and the other router is in my home ,but luckily the internet connection wire which is a single pair adsl wire , so its basically not an rj45 connection its only a simple wire that the broadband operators give here in india that i took for my office, is going from the top of my house to my office so what i did is i cut the wire on top of my house and joined a peice of adsl wire to it till my house and then joined it to the 2nd router so the wire is connected to both the routers.i made both the routers to work.

now i want to use both the routers at the same time but what happens is that when i try to connect both of them only one works while the other router does not connect to the internet, so plz can anyone suggest me any changes in the setting of the router to be made in order to connect both the routers to the internet at the same time.

i cant use wireless solution as it is too far and also cannot use ethernet wire.
    so can chaging of seetings in router affect the use.

thanks guys in advance,

and hope to find any solution

atul.pilot, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

1. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update - Similar Threads - Connecting Wired Internet

2. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  3. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  4. No Internet Connectivity after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  5. PC will not stay connected to wired internet after Win 10 update

PC will not stay connected to wired internet after Win 10 update: I had Win 10 version 1809 and everything was fine. My PC suffered a forced update to version 1903. Ever since then I can not stay connected to the internet, especially if idle, for any significant length of time. The connection times varies from less than 1 minute to up to...
  6. Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.

Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.: Hello I need help getting connected to the internet. I have searched for a solution but nothing has helped. I have had no network connection for about a month now. Network trouble shooter cannot correct the problem. says there my be a problem with my ethernet driver....
  7. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  8. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Computer loses wired Internet connection: I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are...
  9. Internet connection through wired LAN

Internet connection through wired LAN: I tried to connect to internet through wired lan. Actually I could connect to same lan with a wifi and even I could access internet through a connection at the back of wifi router(i.e.wired). But I could not directly connect to internet through lan wire(i.e. ethernet) cable....
  10. Suddenly no more internet connection (wired)

Suddenly no more internet connection (wired): Hi So yesterday I was transfering 2 movies from my external hard drive. Since then, my internet connection has been gone. We have 2 more machines (1 desktop, 1 laptop) both wired and 2 phones (wireless) who have perfect internet connections. I tried another cable and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wired computer not connecting to internet windows 10