Windows 10: Not delete history in Windows Defender

Discus and support Not delete history in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I haven't been able to clear some elements of the Defender history for a while. I try all sorts of ways, but part of the story rubs, another... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ВенциславЖелев, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Not delete history in Windows Defender

Hi, I haven't been able to clear some elements of the Defender history for a while. I try all sorts of ways, but part of the story rubs, another doesn't want to.Everything is erased from the story, but here are the ones I can't delete, which saysNot delete history in Windows Defender :protected memory access blocked

:)

ВенциславЖелев, Jun 18, 2021
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Zehlewi Win User
    Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Not delete history in Windows Defender

Delete History

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, provided us few more details on the below questions.

1. Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge in Windows 10?

2. Are you referring items in the Address Bar drop-down list?

3. When trying to delete the History, did you uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data"?

Please follow the below steps on How to delete the browsing history in Internet Explorer 11.

• In Internet Explorer, press CTRL+ SHIFT + DEL keys together on your keyboard to display the
      Delete Browsing History dialog
    • Check the box next to History.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Not delete history in Windows Defender

1. Not delete history in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - delete history Defender

2. Unable to delete Windows Defender history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete Windows Defender history: I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have...
  3. Unable to delete Windows Defender history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete Windows Defender history: I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have...
  4. Windows Defender History Crashes; Can’t Delete detections.log

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender History Crashes; Can’t Delete detections.log: [ATTACH]Windows Defender is the default antivirus in Windows PC, which protects the PC against various threats such as malware, viruses, and others. While Windows Defender keeps track of all its actions to safeguard your PC against these threats, many users have complained of...
  5. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  6. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  7. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows Defender protection history - deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender protection history - deletion: Hello, I can delete Windows Defender detection history after many failures, thank you. What I can't do is remove the items "Access to protected folders was blocked", it is already unblocked and the tool is turned off, but I can no longer remove it from the history of...
  9. Windows Defender protection history - deletion

Windows Defender protection history - deletion: Hello, I can delete Windows Defender detection history after many failures, thank you. What I can't do is remove the items "Access to protected folders was blocked", it is already unblocked and the tool is turned off, but I can no longer remove it from the history of...
  10. Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender: I posted the same question here (with a lot more background information.) Now I am trying it in this forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-windows-defender-scans/ebcfeb1b-9991-4717-8b54-349e3daa2f87